Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Premium VPN - Dashboard question

Options

Hi,

I get a notice saying that I can 'install' Premium VPN. I have definitely paid for it. When I click download and execute it just whirrs for a few seconds and nothing changes. When I go back to look at the Dashboard VPN, it shows I can 'install' it still. What am I doing wrong? How can I tell if the little 'whirr' worked as surely it would not show 'install' if it had?

I have a partner on my account too and the same happens for them.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

If you have standalone Bitdefender VPN product, follow the below steps

1) Download the standalone Bitdefender VPN: https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_vpn.exe

2) Once your respective Bitdefender product is installed, a Bitdefender dialogue box will open. You will need to log in with your registered Bitdefender Online Central details, and after a successful login, your product will be synchronized with your Bitdefender Online Central account. Therefore, your product will be registered and activated with Bitdefender Online Central automatically.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• zl999zoo
    Options

I don't think you understand my question. I have been a BitDefender member for a long time. I have the Online Central and I can see it doesn't show me which of my devices does/n't have the Premium Bitdefender and when I look online it says I need to 'install' it, which I'm doing but nothing seems to happen...

• Flexx
    Options

@Alexandru_BD can you check on the user account and see which all products are installed and whether some devices needs to be removed from central in order to get vpn installed without any issue.

Regards

• zl999zoo
    Options

That doesn't make any sense. I have 8 Premium versions of VPN available, surely they can't conflict with each other? It would be so much better if Bitdefender offered a call service. I am thinking of moving to Eset.

• Flexx
    edited January 25
    Options

You need to wait, @Alexandru_BD is the admin of the Bitdefender community forum and employee of bitdefender.

Or if you are in a hurry, follow the below path to get in touch with support

Go to https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Select How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender products -> Troubleshooting -> Bitdefender Premium VPN ->Contact Support

You will get options of Email, Chat & call.

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @zl999zoo,

Based on my findings, 8 devices are indeed using your Premium VPN subscription. Are you currently trying to install the VPN app on a Windows or macOS device? Have you also restarted the device prior to the install attempts? Are there any other VPN apps installed on those devices? What firewall are you using, if any? The firewall might be blocking the VPN. Also, make sure you are installing using the Central account that's holding the subscription.

There are really multiple possible causes here and the only way to know for sure what's preventing the VPN from installing on those devices is to contact the Support teams for an accurate diagnosis.

Bitdefender does offer a call service and it's available at the link provided by Flexx above. Once you follow those steps, this is how the Support contact channels look like:

Anyway, chat would be the fastest way to reach the Bitdefender engineers.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user