Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Flash sale?

Options

I received an email offering a 5x device license for $50. But in the shopping cart I see no way too identify my existing account. So it appears it will create a new one and I'll lose the remainder of my current subscription. Am I stuck with the auto renewal price or is there some way to take advantage of the sale?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your subscription(s).

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: Purchase & Manage Subscription -> My Bitdefender Central Account, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• Nige
    Nige ✭✭
    Options

Thankfully you’re never stuck with the auto renewal price.

For some reason any price offered by Bitdefender in the app or from support is always much higher than one can from other distributors.

Stop the app from auto renewing and have a look on Amazon, for example.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @LAMATL

Based on my findings, you currently have an active Total Security license purchased from a Bitdefender reseller without automatic renewal. Since this license can cover up to 5 devices, in the event the offer received is also for Total Security 5 devices, you will be able to extend the validity using the activation code for this one. The purchase will not create a new Central account and you won't loose the remaining validity of the existing license.

However, being a new purchase from the Bitdefender website, it will enroll you in automatic billing, which you can later disable, if not desired. As Nige mentioned, you are not really stuck with automatic renewal if you don't require it, there are several ways to disable this feature and you can read more about it here:

Last but not least, concerning the Bitdefender purchases made elsewhere, the licenses available at various Bitdefender resellers do not have an automatic renewal feature, and this is the main difference between a license and a subscription.

Of course, there are various offers available at retail stores on marketplaces, including Amazon, but please take into consideration that not all of them are affiliated with Bitdefender I strongly recommend the purchase of Bitdefender products only from trusted sources and partners. This can make a big difference, because if the product is purchased from a doubtful source, it may not function properly, the activation code may not have the advertised validity and in some cases we are unable to provide support.

The full list of our Trusted Partners can be consulted by accessing the following link:

And yes, you may also visit the official Bitdefender Amazon store, since you will find good deals there as well.

I think it's natural to find price discrepancies across the various points of sale, because each Bitdefender reseller may have their own custom campaigns and bundles that may not be available elsewhere, and this happens because they need to provide competitive prices in order to stay relevant and sell their products. In the same fashion, the discounts available at the official Bitdefender website are unique. So, it may happen that sometimes you'll get a good discount from Bitdefender directly, while on some occasions you may find a better deal at a Bitdefender Partner. This also depends on the campaign type, license type, e.g. number of slots, suite, validity, etc. so there are multiple factors to consider when looking at prices.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user