Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security Firewall problem

Options

Hello. I am a Windows 11 Pro user. I reinstalled my operating system. I did a clean install. Then, I installed the necessary programs I used. Finally, I installed the Bitdefender Total Security security program. When I restart my computer, although my computer has internet access, internet browsers etc. I noticed that the programs cannot access the internet. Meanwhile, I noticed that the network icon on the taskbar started to be constantly active/deactivated. I turned off the Bitdefender Total Security firewall. The problem has disappeared. There has never been such a problem before. How can I fix the problem by turning my firewall back on? The Bitdefender program from which I want to access the settings section of the firewall crashes and gives an error. I'm waiting for your help. Thank you.

Best Answer

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Hummer ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. You report that you cannot access the BD Firewall settings. That suggests that the BD installation might be corrupted. I would recommend, as a first step, to a Bitdefender Repair Reinstallation.

I hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Answers

• Hummer
    Options

@garioch7 Hi Sir.

I tried your suggested solution. But the problem continues. There was no improvement. When I just turn off Bitdefender Firewall, the problem disappears.

Best regards,

Burak

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Hummer ,

I am sorry to hear that the repair reinstallation did not help. It is time to seek Bitdefender Technical Support.

The fastest way to reach them is Chat. Telephone support is not free. You can also send them an email. They normally respond within 48 hours, but this is the weekend, so an email response might be delayed until next week.

Please keep us posted. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

This is strange, another user also reported the same issue here:

Please, contact Bitdefender support, as already suggested by @garioch7.

@Alexandru_BD Buddy, do we have a bug in the program? You should contact the dev team.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Hummer,

So, the PC can no longer connect to Internet after installing Bitdefender, and if you disable the Firewall, it gets back online? First, check for other security solutions and firewall programs and uninstall them, if any. Restart Windows and check if the issue is resolved.

If this is not the case, try the following:

1. Go to Network Adapters tab and set the network type to Home/Office using the drop-down menu near its name

2. Then, from the same Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right , then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

If this doesn't help, go to Firewall -> choose Rules tab, then reset Rules. Restart Windows and check if the device can connect to the Internet. If nothing helps, contact the Bitdefender Support teams and provide them with the following information:

1. A connectivity log:

2. Support Tool log:

3. If the issue occurs on Wi-Fi and LAN

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user