Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

vpn protocols

Options

1- if bitdefender is set to choose auto protocol , and when it is connected once , it can not be reconnected ( auto/manually ) until the pc is restarted. ( sometimes it can be restarted but v rare )

2- when i choose open vpn tcp , the problem becomes solved.. but there is a caution/warning that this type of protocol does not support all the features ( screen shot attached ) i need to know which features do not work with open vpn tcp ?

3- what does ease of use mean in screen shot no 3 as i do not see any specific settings for protocols in bit defender.

4- whats the major difference between wire guard ( seems problematic as told above ) & the Hydra Catapult except '' Obfuscation '' and why hydra is lacking on Obfuscation ( In the context of VPN protocols, obfuscation refers to the ability to disguise VPN traffic as regular internet traffic. This makes it harder for firewalls and other monitoring tools to detect and block VPN connections. ) is it Obfuscation free because it was made for gaming ?

but how it can be best for gaming when wire guard has the lowest latency rate ?

this is my 1st thread on this platform.. and i am not tech friendly so plz guide me in detail. thx.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @abbaqa,

A VPN protocol is a set of rules that determine how data is packaged and transferred between your device and the VPN server. Some devices support most protocols, while others are more restrictive. Bitdefender VPN lets you switch protocols, allowing you to choose from OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), IPsec, and Hydra. By default, Bitdefender VPN is configured to automatically select the optimal protocol for your device and network – usually a balance of speed and security.

However, some protocols are faster than others and some networks restrict the speed of certain protocols. For a faster connection, you can try changing the protocol in Bitdefender VPN’s settings until you identify the fastest option.

• IPSec – iOS only: Fast and secure, but your iPhone and iPad battery drains much faster.
    • Hydra Catapult – Fastest VPN protocol with bank-grade security.
    • OpenVPN UDP – Fast and efficient, but could sometimes skip data packets.
    • OpenVPN TCP – A bit slower, but delivers your data entirely and in the correct order. More reliable than OpenVPN UDP.

In regard to your specific questions, I think the Support engineers can provide additional information. You can get in touch with them using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user