Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Email protection

Options

Hi,

I use Total Security and have added my mum's phone to my account. Is it possible to add her email address to the Email protection option? Being in her 80s she is clueless about not opening unknow emails with attachments.

If I can do this, do I need to know her email (gmail) password to add her?

Thanks in advance anyone who responds!

Best Answer

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello.

Check How do I set up Email Protection? from this article:

So, you can add her Gmail account, but you must log in to her Gmail account, meaning that you must enter her email and the password for that email account.

Regards.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 15
    Options

Before I delete your post and ban you on the forum, may I ask you what do you get by promoting your website on user comment, can you answer that ?

@Alexandru_BD though we know the answer, and before taking any actions, I still need to know what he gets by doing that.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Sorry @Flexx but I won't be waiting for them to respond, we have 0 tolerance for spam on your forum and quite frankly, you don't even know if they are a real person.

There can be numerous reasons why spammers are pestering forums and websites with spam content, and these usually have to do with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and traffic. For example, spammers often insert or hide links to their websites in order to improve their search engine rankings. The more inbound links a website has, the higher it might rank in search engine results pages. However, search engines like Google have algorithms in place to detect and penalize spammy link-building practices.

Such spammy links can also generate direct traffic to their website. If users click on them, they might end up on the spammer's site, potentially generating revenue through advertising, selling products or services, or other means.

The dangerous part is that they may use these links to direct users/forum members/visitors to websites hosting malware or phishing schemes. Once on these sites, unsuspecting users might inadvertently download malware onto their devices or disclose sensitive information. The rabbit hole goes even deeper, the spammers can also use black hat SEO tactics to manipulate search engine rankings through techniques such as link farming or link cloaking. These practices are of course against search engine guidelines and can result in penalties or bans from search engine results.

Last but not least, other financial gains can be obtained when such spammy links are used to promote affiliate products or services. By driving traffic to affiliate sites through these links, the spammers may earn commissions on sales made through their referrals. So @Flexx as you can see, the spammers can obtain various advantages when doing this and we should always be watchful and remove such content from the forum as soon as we discover it. You never know what's on the other end and we don't want to risk users being redirected to malicious content or to affect how our page is being ranked by search engines because of these shady and unethical practices. Of course, our anti-spam filters usually catch these, but sometimes the spammers resort to insidious tactics to insert links in their comments attempting to mask their intentions and my recommendation for everyone here is to NEVER click on them and report the posts immediately, so we can remove them asap from our community.

Thank you,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Cool, will make sure and take that in consideratin.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

😉👌

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user