Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why did I get a notification from bitdefender saying it doesn't support this Web browser

Options

Hi I've had bitdefender for a few weeks now and the Web protection says it doesn't support this Web browser but I've only been using 2 chrome but I haven't really used that I use edge more but I didn't open it up at all I only opened up es file explorer up anyone know why it said that and it turned it off I had to turn it on manually

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Pete36,

Since you've posted this thread in the Mobile Security section, I have to ask, does this happen on a mobile device or PC/laptop? I think it's best to provide the Support teams with screenshots displaying the message received and also build version and more details that could help them troubleshoot this behavior. Reading the information available so far, it's not clear to me when this message appears, what it says exactly and what browser is being used in the process, as you've mentioned both Chrome and Edge. You can use the link below to get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Pete36
    Pete36 Mr ✭✭
    Options

Sorry it android s23 ultra when the notification says it doesn't support this Web browser when I click on the notification it takes me to Web protection in the app but doesn't say what Web browser was opening

Versions3.3.231.2390

• Pete36
    Pete36 Mr ✭✭
    Options

Ps tried to upload a screenshot it won't let me it crashes then takes me back to my home screen

But it says

Fix manually

Web protection got disabled

Web protection was stopped by a system process on this device

Browsing isn't secured on this device

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Most probably, Android's battery optimization settings disabled Web Protection. Sometimes, even after manually reactivating Web Protection, it turns itself off shortly afterwards. When this happens, Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android notifies you that "Web Protection was disabled by another service." Have a look at this article for further information:

tried to upload a screenshot it won't let me it crashes then takes me back to my home screen - The screenshot should be provided to the Bitdefender engineers so they can further investigate this behavior. You can open a ticket using the link I have provided above, and upload the screenshot there. Then kindly wait for their response, as they will get back to you with further instructions.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user