Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't access Internet

Options

I'm really out of the loop with all this sort of stuff. I installed a trial version on Windows two days ago. Seemed to be going well.Yesterday I tried to turn on the VPN, it never really connected. Maybe I ticked something I shouldnt have. I probably did but cant remember anything specific. Today get on computer click on internet, my home page opens ok but when i click on any of the topics it just says Ahhh.... Your internet access is blocked, same thing if I try of access any of my favorites. When i clicke the highlighted option to run Windows Network Diagnostics, it just comes back and says "an unexpected error occured, troubleshooting wizard can't continue". The only other highlighted option is Check firewall & Antivirus Configuration and I have absolutely no clue what to do in there. I was hoping to just be able to call their customer support and i cant find an option that says I can do that, Maybe I have to actually purchase before I'm given that option. idk....frustrated

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Vhrnndz and welcome to the Community!

Have you checked if the internet connection works with the firewall off? To check this, open Bitdefender and go to Protection -> Firewall and turn the blue toggle to the OFF position. If your are able to surf the Internet afterwards, do the following:

Re-activate Firewall.

1. Go to Network Adapters tab and set the network type to Home/Office using the drop-down menu near its name

2. Then, from the same Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right , then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

If the issue persists after applying the above steps and you can't connect to the Internet with the firewall on, Go to Firewall, choose Rules tab, then reset Rules. Restart Windows and check if the issue is resolved.

In the event the issue persists, I need to know the status of the firewall (ON/OFF) so I can advise further.

Thanks,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user