Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

My geo location is wrong when I access a website using my VPN & Safepay

Options
Bebba
edited March 13 in VPN

I don't completely understand VPNs so this question may seem silly but I will ask so I can learn -

When in Safepay and using my VPN , I select Australia as my virtual location. I do this because I reside in Australia.

When I log into a chinese shopping website using my VPN & Safepay, that website states that I am in Romania and changes everything to Romanian currency & location, and wont change to Australian currency etc when I try to manually make the change.

As I am located in Australia, I want to be able to log into that website securely, and be able to shop using AUD etc.

How can I make my virtual location an Australian ip address while using my VPN & Safepay?

Best Answer

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Bebba,

Can you tell me what website are you accessing and what IP does the VPN server return when this happens?

Is the VPN set on Automatic, or to a specific country?

Thanks,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Bebba
    Options

Hello Alex,

Thank you for responding.

It is the Aliexpress website I am trying to access.

I have my VPN set to come on automatically with my Bitdefender account whenever I login on my laptop.

In my VPN, I have my virtual location set as Australia. Most of the time my vpn gives me a private IP address starting with 146. On very few occasions, I get one starting with 66.

When my vpn gives me a private IP address starting with 146, that is when I have problems connecting with Aliexpress.

I have tried choosing the location automatically, and I have also tried changing to other locations then coming back to Australia in the hope it will change the private IP to start with 66. Mostly, this has not worked.

What I really need is to be able to select a private ip address in my vpn starting with 66. when I use Aliexpress.

Not sure if that is possible, or not?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Bebba and thanks for getting back.

I think the full IP will be required to troubleshoot this matter, not just the first 2-3 letters, to try to simulate. But we won't be able to do this on the forum, your inquiry has to go through Bitdefender Support. Normally, there is no reason to be detected anywhere other than the country you connect to, and the VPN teams would like to test this exact scenario you have experienced. In order to proceed with the investigation, kindly head to the link below to get in touch with the technical teams and refer them to this thread, explaining the issue.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

For troubleshooting purposes, please provide the engineers with the following information:

• The OS on which the VPN is running
    • Central account e-mail address
    • Whether the problem occurs on a specific location or all locations
    • Whether the problem occurs only on mobile data or only on Wi-Fi or present on both.
    • VPN Server IP - displayed in the VPN interface

To add here, in the near future the VPN developers will also introduce a way by which the user can select a specific server.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user