Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Is Finding Trojan In Legit Software

Options
RShea
edited November 2008 in False positive reporting

I have been working on cleaning up a pretty infected computer system. I did as one of the steps an online scan and it reported and moved the following programs as having Trojan.Downloader.Patched.D:

MS Works - wksss.exe

Kodak Easyshare

Fuji Fine Pix Viewer

QuickTime

Real Player

so again thinking that these could have been infected I allowed it to quarantine them. I then completed the cleaning and everything seems to be running fine, but WOrks would not start up even after renaming the quarantined files back.

Next step was to go ahead and install the Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 licensed package. Did the updates and while the full scan was going on in the background, I then went in and did the Add Remove Programs and selected Microsoft Works. Did a change and selected the repair install. That completed and allowed the system to launch the Works - but as soon as it loaded up the pop-up came up stating multiple files (wksss.exe and more of the individual programs- calendar came up with the same virus after the repair install and still does not run.