Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone Having Serious Speed Problems?

Options

I've been using Bitdefender VPN for years. It's been great. Not anymore.

Guess which result was generated with the VPN in place? It's been such a good product I tried everything else. The VPN is the only variable in the three tests. This is the same results whether going through New York, Toronto or Montreal. Can anyone help?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 26
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I've seen a few reports concerning the VPN speed lately.

The good news is that we are expecting some improvements to be delivered in the upcoming weeks with a new VPN build. The product teams made a couple of changes that will help boost network speeds, and it's just a matter of time until the fix arrives.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scally
    Options

I would appreciate it...I like using the set; one payment, all covered.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes, for sure it's convenient to subscribe to a solution set and have both antivirus protection and vpn included. I'll make sure to update the release notes thread once the latest VPN build goes live.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Alex

• Scally
    Options

I've just received notice from Netgear for the annual billing of Bitdefender products. It will be hard to justify. We haven't been able to use the VPN for too long. It's unfortunate as we have been using Bitdefender products for years now for the simple reason they have been great. Now it is not. Here are three speed tests between the same sites. In case it isn't obvious the middle one was the result of employing the VPN. Is there anything more than good intentions available?

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 17
    Options

@Scally what VPN version do you have? If you are using Netgear, do you have the latest redesigned version that includes wireguard as well? If you have Bitdefender VPN and not Netgear, then a reinstall should come with the new version that includes speed improvements. My advice would be to reinstall the VPN and then check what version is displayed in the app, then perform another speed test.

Regards,

Alex