Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can you install the VPN on a Samsung smartTV?

Options
LuckyLuc
LuckyLuc Sir, BSc

I like to install the VPN on my Samsung smartTV so I can cast programm's from different countries. Is there a way to do this?

Best Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited March 25 Answer ✓
    Options

If you have an Android smart TV, then only you can use Bitdefender VPN on it. Simply go into the Play Store app on your Android smart TV and download it from there.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @LuckyLuc,

Samsung TVs don't natively support VPN installations like computers or smartphones do. If you have VPN installed on your laptop, you can create a virtual router and share your VPN connection with your smartTV. This process basically involves turning your computer into a Wi-Fi hotspot and connecting your TV to it.
    There are various software programs available that allow you to create a virtual router. Once set up, your smartTV will use the VPN connection through your computer.

Another way of doing it is by using a VPN-enabled router, though unsupported by Bitdefender VPN, so you'll have to look for other alternatives in this case.

There are plans to develop Bitdefender VPN compatibility with smart TVs, but this is likely to happen during the second half of the year. It's definitely a concept worth looking into.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers