Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blocked due to too many failed login attempts

Options
Funkwillow
Funkwillow Doctoral Student

I've encountered an issue lately that's becoming increasingly frustrating. It seems that whenever I attempt to log into certain websites and mistakenly enter the wrong password, I'm immediately blocked from making any further login attempts due to "too many failed attempts" – even though this is often my first login attempt in a long while.

For instance, just this evening, I tried to access my Hotmail account. However, after entering the wrong password, I found myself unable to try again due to this restriction.

I'm puzzled as to why this is happening, especially since I'm not frequently logging into these websites. Could someone shed some light on what might be causing this issue? It's worth noting that I'm utilizing the Bitdefender VPN, with both Adguard and the Bitdefender Anti-tracker extension active in Chrome.

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Funkwillow ,

Have you tried logging in with the VPN disconnected? Some websites don't like VPN connections. Perhaps @Alexandru_BD could shed more light on this.

I have noted that the Bitdefender Anti-Tracker can also interfere with the display of some websites. They must be whitelisted. BD VPN also has an Anti-Tracker built in.

Personally, for my general web browsing, I leave the VPN off simply to avoid issues. I only use VPN when I deem it advantageous.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Nothing to add here, Phil summarized very well what needs to be done.

First turn off VPN and disable any browser extensions that may interfere with the login, both Adguard and the Bitdefender Anti-tracker. Clear cache & cookies, exchange browsers, try incognito, restart the machine, change device. These are the basic troubleshooting steps I can think of in this scenario..

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user