Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox update blocked by bitdefender

Options

The advice to keep the browser on
current status is blocked by bitdefender. In firefox I get the
information that the updates are managed by my organisation (=
bitdefender).

Is there any possibility to update the
firefox browser manually?

Thanks for your support!

herri

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @herri123,

I think that's not unlikely to happen, but by all means, Bitdefender should not block a casual Firefox update. However, the antivirus works by scanning files and processes on your computer for known patterns or signatures of malware, viruses, or other threats. If the program detects something in the Firefox update file that matches these patterns, it may prevent the update from being installed, or flag it as a potential threat.

It could be a false positive. You could try to add the Firefox update file or the Firefox installation directory to the exceptions list to prevent the antivirus from blocking it, if that's the case.

But to exclude or solve any potential incorrect detection, I would recommend to take a screenshot displaying the issue and to contact the Support teams for a more in-depth investigation. Solving this may also help other users that may encounter this behavior in the future. So far, I haven't seen other reports, but I think it's definitely something that needs looking into, the sooner, the better.

You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• herri123
    herri123 Mr.
    Options

Dear Alex,

thanks a lot for your support. I really appreciate your work for bitdefender, even more because it is quite
    difficult, to come in touch with your support - or more detailed-
    for a private customer it is a big challenge to get any answer.

Even though the link advices to your
    competitor (https://www.camp-firefox.de/forum/thema/130985-der-browser-wird-durch-ihre-organisation-verwaltet/?postID=1150478#post1150478) I tried it and currently have good results.

At the end of the day: I wonder, that your “Schwachstellen Scan” is not able to find out that an update
    of firefox is necessary to be save. Please use your connection to the the support technical support to solve this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Herri

• Opate1940
    Options

If Bitdefender is managing your Firefox updates and blocking manual updates, you may need to adjust Bitdefender settings to allow manual updates for Firefox. Here's what you can try:

1. Check Bitdefender Settings: Look through Bitdefender's settings to see if there's an option to allow manual updates for specific applications like Firefox. Sometimes, antivirus programs have settings that control software updates.
    2. Whitelist Firefox: Try adding Firefox to the whitelist or exceptions list in Bitdefender. This might allow Firefox to update without interference from Bitdefender.
    3. Temporary Disable Bitdefender: Temporarily disable Bitdefender while you manually update Firefox. However, make sure to re-enable Bitdefender afterward to maintain your system's security.
    4. Contact Bitdefender Support: If you're unable to find a solution on your own, reach out to Bitdefender's customer support. They might be able to provide specific guidance tailored to your situation.
    5. Manual Update: If none of the above options work, you can manually download the latest version of Firefox from the official Mozilla website and install it. However, keep in mind that this might not be the ideal solution as it doesn't address the underlying issue with Bitdefender.

By trying these steps, you should be able to either allow Firefox to update manually or resolve the issue with Bitdefender blocking updates.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Thank you @herri123 and you are most welcome. I hope the situation is resolved in a timely manner.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user