Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Linux Version

Options
johndeere2023
edited April 15 in General Topics

Does anyone think that Bitdefender will come back out with the Linux version for Home Users? I may be switching from Windows to Linux soon and would still love to use my subscription for Linux Mint. I know they no longer have the Home User Version and only for the enterprise. I do hope they come back out with the Home User Version! Either free or that will work with your current subscription

Best Answer

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

I got in touch with the Bitdefender support, who further got in touch with Bitdefender developers, and below is what they currently think about Linux antimalware for home users.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers

• johndeere2023
    Options

@Flexx I appreciate your comment and submission to Bitdefender Support. I can understand where they are coming from but nowadays with the issues that Microsoft Windows OS is now having people are starting to switch over to Linux for certain reasons. I do hope that Bitdefender will reconsider bringing back their product for Homer Users! I love their product and hope to be able to use it on my Linux Mint. I currently only use the Bitdefender Traffic Light on Brave Browser on Linux Mint for my protection. People do recommend ClamWin for Linux but its crappy software on there and doesn't do that great, sadly enough there's not much other antivirus software for Linux out there as Linux isn't as vulnerable to attacks as Windows OS is today. I understand when people say you don't need Antivirus/Antimalware software for Linux but I rather have one for my protection.