Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Watchdog agent not running

Options

I tried to find the answer first but no joy. I was looking at my processes and it said my watchdog agent was not running. Google said that was to protect me against incoming viruses. When I go into the process monitor I dont see it as a startup option for some reason to enable it. (I found it via Revo uninstaller pgm which show all processes). I am afraid its been turned off somehow?? In task mgr I dont even see the process Bitdefender Watchdog Agent. only in the Revo Tool is it visible. Can someone explain if this is an issue. Thanks Mike NOTE the Catagory tool would not let me select the words I wanted they were grayed out and I had to select a good catagory. Please forward to the right department for me. thanks

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 19
    Options

Bitdefender Watchdog Agent is a component of Bitdefender antivirus software responsible for monitoring and ensuring that the main processes are running correctly. If it's not running, it could potentially affect your antivirus protection.

First, check the Bitdefender application on your computer to ensure it indicates that your system is protected and there are no issues. If everything appears fine there, the problem might lie elsewhere.

Next, verify the Watchdog service in the Services application. Press Win+R, type services.msc, and press Enter. Look for a service named "Bitdefender Watchdog Agent" or something similar. Ensure this service is set to start automatically. If it's stopped, right-click it and select Start.

You should also check Task Manager to make sure Bitdefender processes are running. Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc and look for processes like vsserv.exe (Bitdefender Virus Shield Service) and others related to Bitdefender.

If you suspect the startup programs might be an issue, open Task Manager again, go to the Startup tab, and ensure Bitdefender-related entries are enabled.

If the above steps don't resolve the issue, you might need to repair the Bitdefender installation by following the steps provided in the stated link: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13429/

If the problem persists, contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @GMikea,

In addition to @Flexx's instructions, I feel we need to set the right expectations here and mention that we cannot forward your inquiry to a specific department, because this is a forum where assistance is provided on a voluntary basis from other Bitdefender users such as yourself. In the event you do not find answers here, you may get in touch with the Bitdefender Support teams anytime by using the above link shared by Flexx.

The forum categories help in organizing discussions into distinct sections based on topics, themes, or types of content. This makes it easier for users to find and navigate to the discussions they are interested in. However, posting in a specific category doesn't mean that the inquiry will be redirected to the Support teams, since this is not a contact form.

Let us know if the above steps were helpful.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• GMikea
    Options

I did open up a ticket and got one response which was what this forum said to do. Interestingly I booted fresh this morning and quickly got into REVO and the agent was not running but I was able to turn it on and it is now visible in task manager. I will check it again tomorrow. Its almost as though some bat file or something is turning it off? (thats just a wild guess on my part) as I have no clue. I am doing a complete scan now. Will see what happens. Thanks for the response and will see what support says. MIke