Horror movie experience

Hello all,

I opened this account to share my experience with you. It's up to you to believe or not.

My obsessive disordered ex-girlfriend have been spying me for 1.5 years even though I have Bitdefender installed. She made a deal with a local hacker and that person has produced a local spyware that is not in the database. The spy program remained secretly in one of the Android system file for more than a year. I lived with spyware hiding in system app for over a year. I did scan my phone every day with my premium Bitdefender membership "You are Safe"

How did I understand finally?: Security system app started to send me "clean your phone" notification every 10 minutes. This app never does that repeatedly. Later, Google assistant appeared and showed me a message "go call your mother" and immediately I got "System IU not responding" message.

She was introduced the local hacker as a friend, whom she had done her dirty work in exchange for love or money.

No database can find newly and locally produced malware. Also, not scanning system files is a major security vulnerability.

At least I know who the spy is.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 26

First of all, until your device is rooted, no one can mess with your Android OS or insert any type of malicious code into it. Second, as you mentioned the issue with the UI not responding, it is a common problem that happens to a majority of users and even occurs to me from time to time. The possible cause could be an outdated OS or a third-party app that is not compatible with your Android OS. This issue can also occur due to a malicious app that a hacker might have installed on your device.

To address this, disconnect from the internet, ensure airplane mode is on, go to the settings on your device, and check for any apps that may be unknown to you.

You can also scan your Android device using multiple vendors with the VirusTotal app. Download the VirusTotal app for Android from the provided link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funnycat.virustotal&hl=en&pli=1

If the results are clean and you still feel there might be an issue with your device, the best resolution is to go to your manufacturer's authorized service center and ask them to reinstall the OS from scratch. They might ask you to take a backup, so make sure to backup your important files and avoid backing up the installed apps on your device.

This will help you get rid of any malicious apps that may be present on your device.

Regards.

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)