Getting Amtrak false positive pop-ups for email with "Dangerous URL"

tkaken
edited May 27 in Mobile Security

On my Android using Gmail, I recently started getting a pop-up from Bitdefender Mobile Security that says "Dangerous link found." It was happening for valid Amtrak emails I was receiving after ticket purchases. The dangerous link reported is "20001800-usa-railamtrak.com."

So the funny thing is—that is not a link in the email. Rather, Bitdefender is concatenating the zip code, phone, and domain from the contact info in the email which is:

1 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
800-USA-RAIL
Amtrak.com

If you concatenate starting with the zip, you get the "dangerous" URL "20001800-usa-railamtrak.com." Hilarious!

I'm wondering if anyone else has gotten this and what you did to stop the pop-ups? I just tried adding the email's address "etickets@amtrak.com" to my Anti-Spam whitelist. Hoping that fixes it, because I'm getting the Danger pop-ups several times a day.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 27

Upon checking, the URL 20001800-usa-railamtrak.com is indeed blocked by Bitdefender.

If you believe that a website or file has been incorrectly blocked by Bitdefender, you can share the details with our malware researchers by filling out the form at the link provided below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29358/

If the website or file is indeed incorrectly blocked, the detection will be removed within a maximum of 72 hours. However, if the detection still persists after 72 hours, please consider the website or file as malicious, as determined by our malware researchers, and the detection will remain.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)