Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scheduled Scans Not Running

Options

I have intenet security2011 on two of my machines, both Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit. I have scans setup to run periodically, but none of the scheduled scans will run automatically. I am having to run them manually to get them to run.

Comments

• What scan have you scheduled ? At what interval ? Try to schedule each type of scan under System task and let me know the results for each. Have you used 2009/2010 before installing BitDefender 2011 ?

• What scan have you scheduled ? At what interval ? Try to schedule each type of scan under System task and let me know the results for each. Have you used 2009/2010 before installing BitDefender 2011 ?

I have a deep system scan and a full system scan and a quick sytem scan set up through the System Tasks. I have each one set up on a weekly schedule, 1 one on friday, 1 on saturday and the last one on sunday.

I have had 2008, 2009, 2010 and now 2011, so I am pretty savvy about setting up scans. I installed 2011 on both of my machines, both win 7, 64 bit, and the problem is the same on both machines.

• Unknown
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi,

In order to solve this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Start your computer in Safe Mode:

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

2. Open the following location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\

After you open the above mentioned location, right-click on "tools.xml" and select "Copy" from the contextual menu.

3. Copy the "ondemandal.XML" file in the next location :

-for Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

-for Windows Vista or 7: C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

Choose Yes when you will be asked if you want to replace the file.

NOTE: By default, the folder Application Data or AppData is hidden.

Please follow the steps below in order to be able to see that folder:

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista or 7 you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

4. Now start your computer in Normal Mode and let me know if the same issues occurs.

• Hi,

In order to solve this issue, please follow these steps:

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

After you open the above mentioned location, right-click on "tools.xml" and select "Copy" from the contextual menu.

-for Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

-for Windows Vista or 7: C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

NOTE: By default, the folder Application Data or AppData is hidden.

Please follow the steps below in order to be able to see that folder:

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista or 7 you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

4. Now start your computer in Normal Mode and let me know if the same issues occurs.

Ok Danny, you have me confused. I am running Windows 7. In your directions you say "After you open the above mentioned location, right-click on "tools.xml" and select "Copy" from the "C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\[/b]contextual menu."

First off, the file tools.xml is not under Bit Defender 2011. there is one under the Settings folder though. Then you tell me to copy the file, but where to??

Then you tell me to, "3. Copy the "ondemandal.XML" file in the next location :

-for Windows Vista or 7: C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles "

Which is it, tools.xml or ondemandal.xml? Please clarify your directions for me.

Thanks!

• Did a search and found this one.

I have certain scans scheduled but none is ever running. The above instruction are anything else but instructions. Copy what to where?

Any other ways to get those scans running?

• Did a search and found this one.

I have certain scans scheduled but none is ever running. The above instruction are anything else but instructions. Copy what to where?

Any other ways to get those scans running?

Hi, have the same problem on all 3 of my computers (2 om Vista 32-bit, one with 7 32-bit).

Only way I have found is to create a new scheduled task I call "Weekly Scan". That works.

I know it's a bypass. Danny helped me earlier, we got it all working, but only lasted a few weeks with regards to the scheduled scan.

Good luck.

Jake

• Hi, have the same problem on all 3 of my computers (2 om Vista 32-bit, one with 7 32-bit).

Only way I have found is to create a new scheduled task I call "Weekly Scan". That works.

I know it's a bypass. Danny helped me earlier, we got it all working, but only lasted a few weeks with regards to the scheduled scan.

Good luck.

Jake

Danny has helped in the past, but this problem must be too big for him. I will try your fix, but still disappointed in Bit Defender, really wondering how they get the high ratings they seem to continually get. Oh well when my subscription runs out, in 600+ days I will really have to take a good look at all programs.

• hi, I had the same problem and I solved it.

follow the step 1 and 2. copy the "ondemandal.XML" from C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\ in the next location "-for Windows Vista or 7: C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles ". and restart. to me it worked.

• Unknown
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hi,

I know it works, you only need to be careful when following the steps. The steps I recommended are written for both Windows XP and Windows Vista / Windows 7 so I can use it for all users regardless of their Operating System. You only need to choose the right one for you and copy the file in Safe Mode then restart the PC.

xxjps: please try to follow the steps again according to your Windows and let me know if the issue is resolved.

Jake: everything OK mate? I haven't received any feedback from you.

Nackman: I know that our products may have few issues however with the help of you along with others discussing on this forum, we can improve them little by little with every topic created and every issue reported. That is why I am here, to make sure that each and every thing reported here goes to the right place and the issue is acknowledged.

You need to copy the file ondemandal.XML and not tools.XML. I have posted in the other topic and corrected the mistake ;)

So the steps to resolve the system task issue are:

- restart the computer;

After you open the above mentioned location, right-click on "ondemandal.XML" and select "Copy" from the contextual menu.

-for Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\ProgramData\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles

Please let me know if the issue is now resolved.

This discussion has been closed.