Thousands Of Anonymous Usage Reports Messages

Even though I turned off anonymous usage reporting after the first time, this keeps happening,

whenever something happens, this time it was just filezilla that had changed and I was prompted to renew internet access.

These dialogs keeps coming in thousands, I never get to see any of them rendered though, they just keeps coming, and eventually the system becomes really slow.

I have Internet Security 2011 - 14.0.29.354

See image:

BitDefenderPopping.png

kind regards

Niklas

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2011

Hello,

I have encountered this issue a single time, few months back during a remote session. Please follow the steps below and let me know if the issue persist:

1. Start Windows in Safe Mode;

2. Go to START then to "Run...";

3. Type "regedit" and hit "OK";

4. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender\BitDefender Internet Security 2011 - aurenabled

5. Double click on the value "aurenabled" located on the right side of the window and set it to 0;

(0-disabled 1-enabled)

6. Restart the PC in normal mode.

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

I have encountered this issue a single time, few months back during a remote session. Please follow the steps below and let me know if the issue persist:

1. Start Windows in Safe Mode;

2. Go to START then to "Run...";

3. Type "regedit" and hit "OK";

4. Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BitDefender\BitDefender Internet Security 2011 - aurenabled

5. Double click on the value "aurenabled" located on the right side of the window and set it to 0;

(0-disabled 1-enabled)

6. Restart the PC in normal mode.

[how to start Windows in Safe Mode]

If Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 is the only operating system installed on your computer, booting into Safe Mode with these instructions:

* If the computer is running, shut down Windows, and then turn off the power

* Wait 30 seconds, and then turn the computer on.

* Start tapping the F8 key. The Windows Advanced Options Menu appears. If you begin tapping the F8 key too soon, some computers display a "keyboard error" message. To resolve this, restart the computer and try again.

* Ensure that the Safe mode option is selected.

* Press Enter. The computer then begins to start in Safe mode.

* When you are finished with all troubleshooting, close all programs and restart the computer as you normally would.

Looking forward to your answer!

[/quote

Sorry this problem still occurs for me, generally after bitdefender asks to reconnect a program to the internet. carried out all your suggestions, same result.

jeff

• I have tried your suggestions but still get the problem, generally after bitdefender asks to reconnect a program that has updated and had internet connection approval.

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

You are saying that even with the AUR (Anonymous Usage Report) disabled from the settings file, you still receive those pop-ups ? Would you agree with a remote session ? I would really like to troubleshoot the issue as soon as possible. I was not able to reproduce the issue again in the remote I was talking about so, for the time being, without any logs to analyze, the workaround above is the only thing I can advise you to do at the moment.

If you wish to further investigate this matter please reply to my email in response to the ticket I've created on your behalf (ID: 201107061006931).

Kind regards,