Antiphising Toolbar & Sandboxie

Today I downloaded a 30-day trial of Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 on both my Vista 32-bit laptop and Vista 64-bit desktop. I have encountered the same problem on both of them with Sandboxie free 3.56 involving the Bitdefender Antiphising Toolbar. When I run either IE9 or FF5 unsandboxed, the Toolbar shows up fine. However, when I run either browser sandboxed, it doesn't show up, even though it is checked to display. In IE9, you can't see the toolbar at all. You can see the "x" that you can click to disable it, but otherwise it can't be seen. In FF5, the toolbar can be seen, but it's grayed-out. In either case, it's not functioning sandboxed.

I'd really like to give Bitdefender a fair try, because their test results lately have been good. But if the toolbar isn't going to work with Sandboxie, I'll have to try something else. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello,

I will conduct some tests and you'll have my answer later today in regards to the Antiphishing toolbar and BitDefender 2011.

On a side note, I would recommend you to wait for the 2012 version ;) I know that it may not sound like the best advice, however, I am certain that you will understand me as soon as the new version will be release. You can check the remaining time until the release on our main page, http://www.BitDefender.com

We'll hear again soon.

Kind regards,

• mhl6493
    edited July 2011
    Hello,

I will conduct some tests and you'll have my answer later today in regards to the Antiphishing toolbar and BitDefender 2011.

On a side note, I would recommend you to wait for the 2012 version ;) I know that it may not sound like the best advice, however, I am certain that you will understand me as soon as the new version will be release. You can check the remaining time until the release on our main page, http://www.BitDefender.com

We'll hear again soon.

Kind regards,

Dan,

I appreciate your reply, and I wanted to give you a quick update. I posted my issue as well on the Sandboxie forum, and I was instructed to download the latest beta version of SBIE to see if it corrected the problem. It seems to have worked, so I should now be able to give BD a fair trial.

If I go ahead and purchase the 2011 version, will I be able to upgrade to the 2012 version for free when it comes out?

Thanks!

Mark

• Yes Mark,

When a new version is released, all users having a valid license key will have the chance to upgrade for free in terms of uninstalling the 2011 and install the 2012 product.

The only thing that needs to be taken into consideration is the fact that you must install the same product type: you purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2011 then you must install BitDefender Antivirus 2012. I know it sounds logical, however, many of our users are making this confusion / mistake :)

I would recommend you something else, considering the time left until the release of 2012. Keep the 2011 trial (the product will be active for 30 days) and make a pre-order for BitDefender 2012 to take advantage of the promotion we offer, of 30% reduction.

You can read more details at the link below:

http://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/en/comingsoon

If you have any further queries don't hesitate to contact us anytime!

Best regards,