Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Direct Download Links For 2012?

Options
Iria
edited July 2011 in Antivirus

For those of us with 2011 who want to grab 2012, where are the direct download links? Also, I assume we have to uninstall 2011 / install 2012, not just update over the old version?

Comments

• For those of us with 2011 who want to grab 2012, where are the direct download links? Also, I assume we have to uninstall 2011 / install 2012, not just update over the old version?

HERE:

http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/

• nikki605
    edited July 2011
    Options

From the main BD website, when I selected the new version, it asked for my email address and I was sent this email with the download links and basic installation instructions (the links don't show up in this pasted text, but they are in the email):

Thank you for choosing to trial Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012.

In order to ensure that your product installs correctly, please follow the instructions below:

Step 1:

Download Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 using the download link below:

• Save the setup file to a location of your choice. We recommend you save it to your computer desktop.

• Once the download is complete, double click on the setup file that you have saved.

• The installation wizard will start and guide you through the process.

Or you can download directly the: 32b or 64b kit.

Step 2:

Previous security software needs to be removed. During the installation procedure BitDefender will detect which security product if any that you currently have installed and automatically remove it.

Following this removal your computer will need a restart. Following the restart please re-start the installer by double clicking on the icon saved in Step 1.

Step 3 :

Please register the product when prompted.

If there is anything else please feel free to contact BitDefender: support@bitdefender.com .

Thank you and we hope you enjoy your trial.

Regards,

Bitdefender

Then, in this post, DanyDan provided some additional information.

I used the direct download links in the email to download both the 32-bit & 64-bit versions of BDAV Plus 2012. I have successfully installed the 64-bit version on my Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop running Win7 Pro SP1 x64.

I used the BD Uninstall Tool first to remove BDAV Pro 2011.

Regards,

• Iria
    Options
    From the main BD website, when I selected the new version, it asked for my email address and I was sent this email with the download links and basic installation instructions (the links don't show up in this pasted text, but they are in the email):

Thank you for choosing to trial Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012.

In order to ensure that your product installs correctly, please follow the instructions below:

Step 1:

Download Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012 using the download link below:

• Save the setup file to a location of your choice. We recommend you save it to your computer desktop.

• Once the download is complete, double click on the setup file that you have saved.

• The installation wizard will start and guide you through the process.

Or you can download directly the: 32b or 64b kit.

Step 2:

Previous security software needs to be removed. During the installation procedure BitDefender will detect which security product if any that you currently have installed and automatically remove it.

Following this removal your computer will need a restart. Following the restart please re-start the installer by double clicking on the icon saved in Step 1.

Step 3 :

Please register the product when prompted.

If there is anything else please feel free to contact BitDefender: support@bitdefender.com .

Thank you and we hope you enjoy your trial.

Regards,

Bitdefender

Then, in this post, DanyDan provided some additional information.

I used the direct download links in the email to download both the 32-bit & 64-bit versions of BDAV Plus 2012. I have successfully installed the 64-bit version on my Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop running Win7 Pro SP1 x64.

I used the BD Uninstall Tool first to remove BDAV Pro 2011.

Regards,

That's the trial version, and it's been a while since I installed. Does the trial allow you to enter your license information to make it the real version?

• That's the trial version, and it's been a while since I installed. Does the trial allow you to enter your license information to make it the real version?

Yes. During the installation process a screen allows you to select either the Trial version or to enter your current valid license which I did. Be sure to have your license key noted down somewhere.

This is my registration screen in BD after the installation completed.

post-35640-1311879371_thumb.jpg

(I blacked out my personal data)

Regards,

• Iria
    Options
    Yes. During the installation process a screen allows you to select either the Trial version or to enter your current valid license which I did. Be sure to have your license key noted down somewhere.

This is my registration screen in BD after the installation completed.

post-35640-1311879371_thumb.jpg

(I blacked out my personal data)

Regards,

Thank u. One interesting thing is I set the blasted thing (forum) to email me when a reply was added, and it never did!

• preguntonontrack
    edited July 2011
    Options

Can someone post the direct link for the desktop version of Bitfender TOTAL SECURITY 2012 for Windows 7 X64 (64 bit )?

• mitza97
    Options
    Can someone post the direct link for the desktop version of Bitfender TOTAL SECURITY 2012 for Windows 7 X64 (64 bit )?

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ts_2012_64b.exe

• hello

I am not sure i am on the right topic

But i have placed a preorder of Bitdefender 2012 total security on 21 july 2011

I have received an activation key and this message:

''On the 28th of July you will receive an e-mail containing a download

link. By accessing the link you will be able to download and install

your new Bitdefender product.''

i didn't received this email Where i supposed to download the soft?

This activation key not seems the same that an license number

Must i download trial one and put the activation key on ??

Someone knows??

Thanks

• Math_Matei
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hello

I am not sure i am on the right topic

But i have placed a preorder of Bitdefender 2012 total security on 21 july 2011

I have received an activation key and this message:

''On the 28th of July you will receive an e-mail containing a download

link. By accessing the link you will be able to download and install

your new Bitdefender product.''

i didn't received this email Where i supposed to download the soft?

This activation key not seems the same that an license number

Must i download trial one and put the activation key on ??

Someone knows??

Thanks

Please download from here, Bitdefender version that you have a license. On installation you will be asked for activation key, will introduce the one received by e-mail and get registered product, no trial.

Installer will detect if your operating system is x86 or x64 and antivirus is installed properly!

Success!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Please download from here, Bitdefender version that you have a license. On installation you will be asked for activation key, will introduce the one received by e-mail and get registered product, no trial.

Installer will detect if your operating system is x86 or x64 and antivirus is installed properly!

Success!

• Thanks for your support

The link was ok and now my new Defender 2012 is installed

Merci

Martial

• Math_Matei
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Thanks for your support

The link was ok and now my new Defender 2012 is installed

Merci

Martial

I am glad that my help was useful to you.

Any problem encountered, please post to the forum.

Bitdefender wonderful team of technicians will respond promptly each time.

Regards,

Matei

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Hello,

Glad to see the issue is now resolved. Thanks Gini for your help !

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.