Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdav Not Loading / Acting Normal..!

Options
So I just installed Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012, replacing BDAV Pro 2011 on Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1. It gave me some trouble installing, saying I might not have a working internet connection, while I was able to surf just fine. On 3rd attempt (and 2 restarts) it got through. Now it's installed, it even got annoying as it shows it has fully updated it self in just a few seconds. Windows Action Center reports there's NO Antivirus what so ever installed in the system (As it was the same problem with BDAV Pro 2011 too, even before & after SP1 installled) ! And now when I restarted the computer, it's not even loading, when asked to start with desktop icon, it says that service isn't started. Now Action Center also reports BDAV isn't turned on, and when I press the [Turn On] button - nothing happens. Please help!

Comments

• I did the same upgrade to BDAV Plus 2012 yesterday, as you did, with no problem. Make sure you have a copy of your current, valid BD license key as you will be asked to manually enter it during the installation process of BDAV Plus 2012.

These are the steps I followed which I suggest for you:

1. Ran the BD Uninstall Tool to remove BDAV Pro 2011. Reboot the PC.

2. Ran CCleaner to remove any left over files.

3. Ran CCleaner Registry cleaner to remove any left over entries. Reboot the PC.

4. Uninstalled all other security programs (Malwarebytes, in my case). Reboot the PC.

5. Downloaded the full file version of BDAV Pro 2012 32-bit and 64-bit.

6. Right-clicked on the saved installation file and selected Run as Administrator.

7. Followed the on-screen instructions and then rebooted the PC.

Regards,

• 7mm
    Options
    I did the same upgrade to BDAV Plus 2012 yesterday, as you did, with no problem. Make sure you have a copy of your current, valid BD license key as you will be asked to manually enter it during the installation process of BDAV Plus 2012.

These are the steps I followed which I suggest for you:

1. Ran the BD Uninstall Tool to remove BDAV Pro 2011. Reboot the PC.

2. Ran CCleaner to remove any left over files.

3. Ran CCleaner Registry cleaner to remove any left over entries. Reboot the PC.

4. Uninstalled all other security programs (Malwarebytes, in my case). Reboot the PC.

5. Downloaded the full file version of BDAV Pro 2012 32-bit and 64-bit.

6. Right-clicked on the saved installation file and selected Run as Administrator.

7. Followed the on-screen instructions and then rebooted the PC.

Regards,

Thanx for your kind attention and reply "nikki605". I uninstalled BDAV Pro 2011 with Revo Uninstaller, so I'm sure it cleaned up any possible leftovers. Then I installed BDAV Plus 2012 with "Run as Administrator" privileges. So I did just as you've mentioned above with Now Windiws 7 HP holding at logon screen for about 45-80 seconds. When logged in, the BDAV Plus 2012 UI behaves ugly.

Now I turned to another version of Windows 7, Ultimate - on my desktop at home (was running Outpost Security Suite Free 7.1). And found BADV Plus 2012 running very well - without 3rd party Firewall, As apposed to the troubled office PC with Comodo Firewall installed.

• 7mm
    7mm
    edited August 2011
    Options
    OK...... I got it. It was the Comodo Firewall that was making all the trouble :wacko: !! After some search on the net I found it may be the best Firewall around for years, but when it comes to compatibility, it has some issues. So now I replaced it with 2nd bets - PC Tools Firewall (Firewall Shootout), and it all sets out well :rolleyes: . Thanx you again MOD [nikki605] for your help.
  • Thanks for letting us know about the compatibility problem with the Comodo Firewall. :)

Regards,

• Thanks for the feedback however, next time, please read the forum rules before posting. Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.