Windows Action Center Reports Bdav Is Turned Off!

I'm running BDAV Plus 2012 (64 Bit) on Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit) with PC Tools Firewall Plus. Now Windows Action Center reports that My BDAV is turned off. Even after pressing the [Turn On Now] button, nothing happens. Tuneup Utilities 2011 also points the problem about the AV, and it says that, it's not even installed. I had the same problem with BDAV Pro 2011 too. Please help me protect my machine with BDAV, if Action Center is right.

Comments

• I'm running BDAV Plus 2012 (64 Bit) on Windows 7 Ultimate (64 Bit) with PC Tools Firewall Plus. Now Windows Action Center reports that My BDAV is turned off. Even after pressing the [Turn On Now] button, nothing happens. Tuneup Utilities 2011 also points the problem about the AV, and it says that, it's not even installed. I had the same problem with BDAV Pro 2011 too. Please help me protect my machine with BDAV, if Action Center is right.

Try, please, to uninstall Tune-up Utilities 2011 and then tell us if your problem persists.

Tune-up I know it creates problems.

Expect your answer.

Sincerely,

Matei

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Try, please, to uninstall Tune-up Utilities 2011 and then tell us if your problem persists.

Tune-up I know it creates problems.

Expect your answer.

Sincerely,

Matei

Sure it can be, but it TU 2011 wasn't installed when BDAV Pro 2011 was around and even then WAC reports the same. Some time it says everything is just fine, but mostly it questions the AV's on-access ability. Right now, the moment I'm writing this post, WAC reports nothing, so BDAV is working OK, even running side by side with TU 2011. So I can't say if it's the TU 2011 causing the problem. For me, it must be the WAC not being able to spot the BDAV's On-Access availability, OR the problem is from the BDAV side which is unable to link up with WAC. In that case, we need a FIX from either side!

• Hi 7mm,

To fix this situation try the steps from the below article:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/article/814/

Thank you!