Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Are Other Security Products Compatible With Bd?

Options
Duradel
edited July 2011 in Antivirus

Hello,

In regards to my question I am wondering if any anti-malware products such as PrevX, SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes in their respective real time protection versions are compatible with BD 2012? I have tested several different products such as F-Secure, Kaspersky IS, Norton IS, Avast IS, TrustPort, Coranti etc all using MalwareBytes and there haven't been any issues. I noticed a massive slowdown when using MalwareBytes in conjunction with BD TS 2012.

Are there any plans to make BD more compatible with MBAM PRO in particular?

Comments

• Hi Duradel,

Be informed that usually when you use more than one security solutions on the same computer, the system may become unstable.

This happens because all security solutions try to scan a file whenever one is accessed but they cannot do it at the same time, so this

causes either slowdowns or crashes. The answer for your question is no, Bitdefender 2012 is not compatible with other antivirus programs.

Thank you!

• L.o.D.
    Options

This I find strange due to Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 working flawless side by side with Microsoft Security Essentials. There were no slow downs or crashes ever on my system.

When I installed 2012, it only said to uninstall Malwarebytes.

• Hello,

Duradel: No, BitDefender will not be fully compatible with MBAM Pro because MBAM Pro also provides with a real time protection module that conflicts with BitDefender. The MBAM free can be installed and used without any problems along with BitDefender 2012. Tested on both Win7 x86 and x64 with BitDefender Total Security 2012 and MBAM.

L.o.D: with Microsoft Essentials yes, not with Microsoft Family Safety which is part of Microsoft Essentials. Whenever Family safety is scanning the PC, you will notice a slowdown or even crashing the system.

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.