Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis 2012 Is Killing One Of My Key Apps After Installation ?

Options
trinaz
edited August 2011 in Antivirus

When I installed BDIS 2012 and rebooted I would get run errors with Clipmate. Never had a problem with

BDIS 2011 ?

I know it's BD 2012 version that's the issue because I imaged my drive prior to installing 2012 and have not

added anything else since 2012 ?

I have wiped and re-imaged three times and have the same issue ... after Bitdefender BDIS 2012 is

installed ... I get the ClipMate errors? When I revert back to the new image ... with BDIS 2011 ... no issues.

Have attached a couple photos showing the ClipMate errors ...

Any ideas on what on BDIS 2012 is causing Clipmate to not be able to communicate with what it has to

do ?

I know Clipmate always checks other machines on the network to be sure the # of machines is not

exceeded by the license ... but that is not the issue here. Only have ClipMate on one PC now .. .licensed

for 2.

The error seems to have something to do with BD not allowing Clipmate to access it's files ? :

(included in txt file below)

2.5 Type : EDBISAMEngineError

2.6 Message : DBISAM Engine Error # 11013 Access denied to table or backup file 'query (16642)'.

clipmate.jpg

error

Running: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Again no issues runing Clipmate with BDIS 2011 ??

Thanks .... TRinAZ

Comments

• Never mind...after many many web searches on this...I found that "sometimes" a re-image of a drive may cause some permissions to change in Win 7 ? Don't know why but it did. Every re-image failed with Clipmat and BDIS 2012...but a clean wipe of Clipmate ...including manual Registy cleaning...resulted in both BDIS 2012 & Clipmate running fine together after the BDIS install

Somewhere...it appears I had a permissions change after re-imaging my drives in preparing to install BDIS 2012.

Thanks anyway...TRinAZ

PS...Uninstaller for BDIS 2011 included inBDIS 2012 left many registry entries for BDIS 2011 after install of BDIS 2012 ??

• Never mind...after many many web searches on this...I found that "sometimes" a re-image of a drive may cause some permissions to change in Win 7 ? Don't know why but it did. Every re-image failed with Clipmat and BDIS 2012...but a clean wipe of Clipmate ...including manual Registy cleaning...resulted in both BDIS 2012 & Clipmate running fine together after the BDIS install

Somewhere...it appears I had a permissions change after re-imaging my drives in preparing to install BDIS 2012.

Thanks anyway...TRinAZ

PS...Uninstaller for BDIS 2011 included inBDIS 2012 left many registry entries for BDIS 2011 after install of BDIS 2012 ??

Opps...spoke too soon...!!!...I did have to add two of the Clipmate directories to the BDIS 2012 scan exclusion list in (not neccessary with BDIS 2011) exclusions to keep all errors in check.

My trusty ClipMate is now running normally without crashes

• Where have you added Clipmate as an exception ? For files and folders or for AVC (excluded processes) ? Can you provide me with a download link of this software and the exact version you are using ?

Regards,

• trinaz
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Where have you added Clipmate as an exception ? For files and folders or for AVC (excluded processes) ? Can you provide me with a download link of this software and the exact version you are using ?

Regards,

Added to scan exclutions: settings - antivirus - Exclusions - Excluded files and folders -

Link: http://www.thornsoft.com/download.htm

Tim

post-31073-1314645136_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1314645313_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1314645337_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

In order to solve this issue you will need to add the application to the Exclusions List. The steps are below and are quite simple:

1. Open the Bitdefender program > Settings > Antivirus > Exclusions

2. Add the file to the Active Virus Control exclusions: click on "Excluded processes" > add the .exe file of the software and make sure it is "Allowed" > click "Close".

3. Now add the file to the "on access and on-demand" scan exclusions: click on "Excluded files and folders" > Add the file and make sure it's excluded for "both" on-access and "on-demand" scanning.

4. Also add a Firewall rule for it > go to the Firewall module > Advanced > click on "Application rules":

- Browse to the application and click on "Open"

- Select both "Local Address" and "Remote Address" boxes

- At "Network type" select "Trusted"

- Events > select all the boxes (Listen, Traffic, Connect)

- Protocol: Any

- Direction: Both

- IP version: Any

Click on OK and close the Rules window.

Now please restart the computer and recheck the software. I'm fairly confident the above solution will solve the issue you reported, but should you require further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.