Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Incredibly Disappointed In 2012

Options

G'day,

I'm really no happy with this program, the upgrade has given me absolute nightmares on two different computers.

As a gamer it is preventing me from loading games, patches ect. EA Origin downloader wont download games, World Of Warcraft wont patch, its ridiculous. I uninstall BitDefender and it all works fine. I've lodged an official help ticket and will leave bitdender2012 installed on one computer for now just so we can find a solution.

My solution is to uninstall the 2012 edition and re-install 2011 on my main comptuer, problem solved

I'm still a loyal customer though :)

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2011
    Options

Hello,

I have located two tickets open with us:

- 201108201001781 >>> related to Origin - please send me the info on the software along with the exact steps you take for the issue to occur; make sure you include a screenshot of any error you may receive;

- 201108161037769 >>> related to SafeGo module;

Took ownership of the ticket: 201108201001781 and sent you instructions via email on how to start troubleshooting. Once we resolve and close this ticket, we will check to see if the SafeGo issue still reproduce.

Regards,

• G'day,

I'm really no happy with this program, the upgrade has given me absolute nightmares on two different computers.

As a gamer it is preventing me from loading games, patches ect. EA Origin downloader wont download games, World Of Warcraft wont patch, its ridiculous. I uninstall BitDefender and it all works fine. I've lodged an official help ticket and will leave bitdender2012 installed on one computer for now just so we can find a solution.

My solution is to uninstall the 2012 edition and re-install 2011 on my main comptuer, problem solved

I have to agree. Gettiing to websites that 2011 had no issue with is now a hassle. BitDefenders own sites were a hassle to get to. And in spite of selecting the ability to not have to enter a password to make a change during the session it asks every time I want to make a change. Seems like the regression testing fell apart. I may have to go back to 2011.

• G'day,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1] First u want to uninstall the Bit defender Antivirus Plus 2012

2] Second step is to reinstall Av

3] Then Open Bitedefender 2012

4] Aftertht Exclude the game folder.

5] Finally restart d window

6] U will se tht bidefender cant scan u r file.

• 4] Aftertht Exclude the game folder.

That's a hack, if it works, but paying customers need a working solution out of the box.

Please don't unnecessarily use lines of dashes again, it breaks the forum's layout.

• I never thought I'd say this, as a strong proponent of staying on top of the latest version of every operating system and software, but I just gave up on 2012 and went back to 2011 too. :[

• I can confirm issues on the machines I upgraded to 2012 with

- world of warcraft patcher/launcher

- gamersgate downloader/installer files

- Impulse large downloads/installs

- games which have "windows games lives" features like Red Faction Guerilla

The machines upgraded to 2012 both have the same issues - one is windows 7 64bit, the other is XP Pro - and bitdefender is about the only system software in common

In some cases even turning every feature off in Bitdefender still doesn't resolve the problem, but trying in safe mode works. The feedback I have had on both Impulse and Gamersgate is that their impression dealing with people having this problem is that bitdefender seems to not be fully disabled even when you untick all features and still interferes with http connections. They both recommended i uninstall and switch to another security brand and both forums have dozens of threads where people confirm that uninstalling BD fixed their problem.

Not fun for a tool which I have used for years and which was an early adopter of things like game mode.

I am trying to add file, folder and executable exceptions for both virus scanner and firewall features but it is

a) not a smart move, since I am not qualified to make these calls, really.

B) time consuming and based on trial and error

Note that in the case of gamersgate downloads there were some issues with BD2011 and 2010 as well, but these were resolved by adding a folder exception. This does not work with 2012.

My impression is that indeed the support team at impulse and GG are right and even when BD2012 says a feature is disabled, there is still some protection/filtering going on that is not recorded or reported but still interferes with downloads?

Other things I noticed:

- bitdefender 2012 does not seem to log when it blocks things (except for the intrusion detection feature which does log when it force shuts a running process, nothing else seems to log). So after a download is interrupted or timed out I find no trace in bitdefender of which of the modules did it and no option to authorize it.

- things are invisible, not trackable in 2012 which were visible and manageable in earlier versions, which makes it harder for us to trace and fix an issue

I will file some tickets for these but how do we get about to make BD2012 friendly to all these non negligible download services?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

The reported situation was fixed in .33 build.

Please update.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry125523

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry118945

Thank you.