Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Will Not Trust Application After Exclusion

Options
parodi
edited August 2011 in Antivirus

Hello all,

I installed BDis 2012 two days ago after reading about how great it is. Everything went fine (sort of) until yesterday morning. I tried to open my Brother P Touch Label program and the Brother welcome screen appeared briefly and then disappeared after about one second. I thought that there might be an actual problem with the brother P touch program so I uninstalled it and then reinstalled the application using the latest setup version of the application from the brother.com website.

Bitdefender still will not allow this program to open. I went to the antivirus section of bitdefender and went to the part where it allows folder exclusions and I told bit defender to allow the entire Brother folder as well as the P-Touch .exe file. I still cannot open the program.

I called BD tech yesterday and they told me to start the BD Support Tool. After it ran I sent off the files to BD. It is now almost 24 hours after I sent in the report (Ticket ID:201108301062899) and I have heard nothing. So far I am not thrilled with the tech support for this reason since I run a home office and use this machine a lot.

My question: Is there something else you can do when you tell BD to trust an application and it still says "malicious"

Thanks.

PTouch.jpg

Comments

• parodi
    edited August 2011
    Options

Update: I did hear back from bitdefender today. Whereas the first tech person told me the problem was in the AV section of BD the second one correctly told me it is a BD Firewall issue. If i go in there the Brother Program runs after I turn the firewall off. But even in the Firewall section the exclusion to allow the program does not solve the problem. The tech assures me that he is sending it upstairs and they will come up with a fix so that I don't have to turn off BD Firewall every time I need to print a mailing label.

BTW, I love the heck out of my Brother P_Touch labler and recommend them for anyone who has shitay handwriting and sends lots of snail mail

• Look in the "events" area, firewall section, Intrusion Detection tab.

In there you will find the log line that corresponds to these messages you see.

From the log line you can authorise the application and Intrusion Detection should then let it be

• rootkit
    Options

Hi

Please set Intrusion Detection System to permisive and your application should not be blocked anymore.

Thank you.