Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Av Engine Changes On-access Scanning Settings For No Particular Reason.

Good day to everyone and the BitDefender staffs. I'm starting this topic to report a weird occurrence with the AV engine of BDIS 2012.

As stated above, I'm using BDIS 2012 with no Auto Pilot and modified settings in both the av engine and the firewall engine that suit my needs. Here are the settings that I use for the av engine's On-access scanning:

post-80779-1324240668_thumb.png

Recently, I discovered that when an indeterminable amount of time have passed after the system is up and running along with BDIS 2012, the av engine starts changing the On-access scanning settings into this:

post-80779-1324240678_thumb.png

When such thing occurs, I have to manually change the settings back to my default. Fortunately, it does not happen again after I intervene, but everytime the system hardboot into a new session, the same thing will return. Even weirder is the fact that the modified settings seem to handle potential infected files by quarantining them, as everytime the change occurs, I will often spot a long list of quarantined files that happen to be false positive items like my browser cookies for example.

Hopefully this weird occurrence can be explained and fixed successfully.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.