Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mobile Security - Scan Fails

Options

I have Bitdefender Mobile Security Premium on my android phone. When I run the malware scanner it fails at the last step with the error message "Scan failed. Check your internet connection." My internet connection is good as other apps and the browser connect fine.

I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution?

Many Thanks

Bmms

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to our forums.

Can you please provide me the phone model?

Are you connected via Wi-Fi or 3G?

Do you have a modified Android or the standard on provided by the manufacturer?

Thank you. Happy Holidays!

• I have Bitdefender Mobile Security Premium on my android phone. When I run the malware scanner it fails at the last step with the error message "Scan failed. Check your internet connection." My internet connection is good as other apps and the browser connect fine.

I wonder if anyone can suggest a solution?

Many Thanks

Bmms

You are not the only one, I got the same problem. Complains can be seen on Android Market as well.

--

ledif

• Hello :)

Welcome to our forums.

Can you please provide me the phone model?

Are you connected via Wi-Fi or 3G?

Do you have a modified Android or the standard on provided by the manufacturer?

Thank you. Happy Holidays!

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2. I have tried on both wi-fi and 3g with the same result. I have had it working previously (on free Bitdefender). Android is standard 2.3.5

• HTC Wildfire S, Android-version 2.3.5. WIFI or 3G, same ######. No scan when installing new apps.

--

Regards

Ledif

• Chipster
    edited December 2011
    Options

Ditto. I have two Xoom tablets - one Wifi, one Verizon 4g. Both attached to a single Google account.

The Wifi Xoom completes the scan successfully (after a long time at "querying server").

The Verizon 4G Xoom stalls during "querying server" - then fails complaining of internet connection. Of course - there's no connection problem. Same result regardless of connection - wifi, 3G, 4G...

Does multiple devices on one Google account come into play - as my BD logon is my Google logon? Does the Bitdefender server verify some device ID - and only completes for the device it "expects"?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello Chipster

Which version of Android do you have on that Xoom tablet?

Thank you. Take care.

• Hello Chipster

Which version of Android do you have on that Xoom tablet?

Thank you. Take care.

Hello Christian,

My Wifi Xoom - which succeeds with scan - is version 3.2.1 (update HTK75D)

My 4G Xoom - which fails scan - is version 3.2.4 (update HLK75F)

Each is rooted with slightly modified framework.

Thanks

• Chipster
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Hello Christian,

Thanks

A snip from my BDLog file:

{"report":{"message":" crash in UpdateMalwareListUI - MalwareActivity: org.json.JSONException: Value null at 0 of type org.json.JSONObject$1 cannot be converted to JSONObject","method":"a","stacktrace":"dalvik.system.VMStack.getThreadStackTrace(Native Method)\njava.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(Thread.java:738)\ncom.bitdefender.security.bg.a(BDLog.java:244)\ncom.bitdefender.security.bg.a(BDLog.java:355)\ncom.bitdefender.security.dv.a(BDUtils.java:431)\ncom.bitdefender.security.MalwareActivity.a(MalwareActivity.java:40)\ncom.bitdefender.security.ee.run(MalwareActivity.java:109)\njava.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1020)\n","type":"ERROR","date":"12\/29\/2011, 14:26:21","file":"MalwareActivity.java","thread":"Thread Update Malware List"}},

• The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2. I have tried on both wi-fi and 3g with the same result. I have had it working previously (on free Bitdefender). Android is standard 2.3.5

Very good - how is the original issue coming along?

• Hello Christian,

Thanks

Fixed with today's update. Thanks!

• HTC Wildfire S, Android-version 2.3.5. WIFI or 3G, same ######. No scan when installing new apps.

Updated, back in business, tnx.

--

Regards

Ledif

• Very good - how is the original issue coming along?

Fixed with Market update today

Many thanks

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback guys.

Since the initial situation was fixed, I declare this topic closed.

Happy Holidays!

This discussion has been closed.