Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Delete/remove A Custom Scan

Options

Running BDIS 2012....in the custom scan window...how do you delete a custom scan if you do not use it any more ?

Have left clicked and right clicked but can not figure out how to remove it...nor can I find it in any xml files ?

Thanks....TRinAZ

post-31073-1326046197_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hello

Please browse this location:

C:\Users\<current_user>\AppData\Roaming\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles  - for Vista & 7
    C:\Documents and Settings\<current_user>\Application Data\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles  - for XP

* where <current_user> is your current user from Windows.

From there, delete the file ondemandal.xml and reboot the PC.

All the customs scans will be deleted.

If you want to delete just one custom scan you will have to edit that file(ondemandal.xml).

Example:

If you have a custom scan named Created: 27.12.2011 (Normal) in that file will appear:

<task>

<taskId>c20d0000-2df5-4a22-2a26-57bab7485fa0</taskId>

<name>Created: 27.12.2011 (Normal) </name>

<userDefinedExtensions></userDefinedExtensions>

<statisticsRefreshInterval>500</statisticsRefreshInterval>

…………………………… (settings)

<scheduleId>ba880000-22ab-4d86-3f58-7fbd221bca5</scheduleId>

<scanPaths>

<path>C:\Documents and Settings\testing\Desktop\gci-demo_trader_setup.exe</path>

</scanPaths>

<extraData>

<option key="timestamp" value="1324945827" />

<option key="quickTask" value="true" />

</extraData>

</task>

Note: you will have to delete everything from <task> to </task>(including these 2 to delete that task).

If you need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Take care.

• trinaz
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hello

Please browse this location:

C:\Users\<current_user>\AppData\Roaming\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles  - for Vista & 7
    C:\Documents and Settings\<current_user>\Application Data\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles  - for XP

* where <current_user> is your current user from Windows.

From there, delete the file ondemandal.xml and reboot the PC.

All the customs scans will be deleted.

If you want to delete just one custom scan you will have to edit that file(ondemandal.xml).

Example:

If you have a custom scan named Created: 27.12.2011 (Normal) in that file will appear:

Thanks Christian...this probably isn't a BD issue...but why can't I find these scan settings when I search "Custom" or in your example above "Normal" or "Created" when I search the C:\Users\<current_user>\AppData\Roaming\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles folder in Windows Explorer ??

TRinAZ

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Have you used Windows Search? I don't know if our files are indexed by Windows.

I recommend you to go to that location and manually search for that file.

This is the easiest way.

Take care.

• columbo
    Options

Thanks for posting this thread, TiminAz, as I was wondering about this one too. ;)

As with you, I could not find any Windows way (searches) to access the custom scans. Christian's file path and solution works great. :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello guys :)

Let me know if you have other questions related to the custom scans.

Take care.