Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Often Will My Antivirus Do A Full Scan?

Options

Hi everyone,

I have just bought Bitdefender internet security 2012

I want to get it to do a FUll system scan every day but cannot find an option anywhere to set this.

I have had the program 2 days and its has only done 1 scan on the day i bought it?

thanks for your time :)

Matt

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Matt :)

Welcome to the forums.

Scheduled Scans are no longer available. A new feature which can provide better protection has been introduced called Auto Scan. It uses a Continuous Scan task, enumerates all files and finds time slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system. (e.g. if the PC is Idle for a long time, the entire system will be scanned).

Take care.

• m6ceb
    Options
    Hi Matt :)

Welcome to the forums.

Scheduled Scans are no longer available. A new feature which can provide better protection has been introduced called Auto Scan. It uses a Continuous Scan task, enumerates all files and finds time slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system. (e.g. if the PC is Idle for a long time, the entire system will be scanned).

Take care.

Thanks very much :) do i not need to do anything for the software to work properly i just have all settings to auto?

thanks again for the quick responce :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome back.

The Auto Pilot will take care of everything for you.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you.

• ngebid.com
    edited March 2012
    Options

now i know why this feature does exist. thanks for great support

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

I am glad that you that know.

Also, you can check the user guide for other interesting things:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27870

Take care.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options

I am glad that you that know.

Also, you can check the user guide for other interesting things:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27870

Take care.

I have a question. If I have auto pilot turned off, will bitdefender still do these incremental scans. This should happen every day, should it not? My last scan shows 3 days ago. Does this mean that nothing has been scanned for 3 days? You need to make this a little clearer for new users like me.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the forums.

If the Auto Pilot is turned off, it won't start a full system scan automatically from time to time. That's why you see that notification regarding the last scan that was performed.

But don't worry, the Auto Scan is still working and continuously scanning your PC.

Let me know if you have other questions. Take care.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options

Welcome to the forums.

If the Auto Pilot is turned off, it won't start a full system scan automatically from time to time. That's why you see that notification regarding the last scan that was performed.

But don't worry, the Auto Scan is still working and continuously scanning your PC.

Let me know if you have other questions. Take care.

Thankyou for your quick response. As a new user of Bitdefender, I like to keep autopilot off so I can see what the software is doing in real time. I guess if I'm concerned , I can manually run a full system scan once a week or so,or perhaps just switch Autopilot on when I'm done with the computer for the day. Personally, I think that these full system scans should take place whether Autopilot is on or not. In any case, I'm generally quite pleased with Bitdefender so far.

• Autopilot sometimes causes other programs to work very slow. I usually encounter this problem when I am playing different sorts of intensive games. I just think that turning it off will solve my problem.good.gif

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

When you play a game, you can actually turn on Game Mode and Auto Scan will be automatically turned off in this mode.

Thank you.