Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Question On Complete Scanning

Options

Have Bit Def Int Sec 2008

A/V setting for everything,

So after viewing the log file for Deep & Full,'

Scanned was all files, spyware, cookies & memory.

But the following not included:

Registry,

boot sectors,

archives,

runtime packets,

e-mails,

heuristic scans.

So how do allow for the above scanning?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello sethm,

This is only a logging issue. It has been discussed before.

This was reported and the BD Team is working on it, but because it is not very critical, there might be some time until a fix is released.

Cris.

• So I should have confidence that the actual items are indeed scanned?

So, lets say a problem is found in the registry - will BD tell me?

• Oh and what about Memory scans? - a feature in BD 10

• alexcrist
    Options

Yes, BD will alert you when it finds something. Just a few days ago there was a false positive and BD wrongly detected a running process as being a Trojan (I'm not saying that it's a good thing that BD reports false positives, put it's a proof that BD really scans memory).

Here's the topic where the false positive was reported: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=2618

You can trust that everything is scanned, as long as you checked it in Scan Options. You can just look at the Scan window and you'll see what BD scans.

Cris.

• Yes, BD will alert you when it finds something. Just a few days ago there was a false positive and BD wrongly detected a running process as being a Trojan (I'm not saying that it's a good thing that BD reports false positives, put it's a proof that BD really scans memory).

Here's the topic where the false positive was reported: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=2618

You can trust that everything is scanned, as long as you checked it in Scan Options. You can just look at the Scan window and you'll see what BD scans.

Cris.

:wacko: I don't relish the idea of staring at my screen for minutes / or HOURS! just to validate the product is doing what I told it to do. This is equivalent to saying you set up logging filters in your router to send suspicious packets to your syslog server, but you don't trust your router to send the packets... so you sit and stare at your router traffic all day so people cant break into your network.

As someone who paid for licenses for this product, the implication that this issue is "on the back burner" priority wise... greatly disturbs me.

• alexcrist
    Options

:wacko: I don't relish the idea of staring at my screen for minutes / or HOURS! just to validate the product is doing what I told it to do.

You don't have to stare at the scanning process. I assure you it takes place as it should, and the fact that it doesn't appear in the logs is just a minor bug.

Cris.