Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"last Scan" Not Updating

Options

:unsure: Why is this part of this Security Suite not updating. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my system and yet this part of this suite is about the only thing that doesn't update. Why is that? It is just too hard to understand which scan this app is talking about. Can't be a Full Scan, because I've done one of those within 4 days. Can't be a device because that has also been done within 4 days, so what scan is this talking about? This question has been beaten to death, but through all my searching and browsing I've yet to find a plausible answer or explanation as to why or what scan is this part of this app or suite referring to. I try and stay on top of all matter of scans so I know what my antivirus is doing and for the life of me, I just would love to know why and what scan is being referred to in this box. If you answer this Christian please don't tell me that it's just a setting and it's really not important because I've already heard that and in my opinion anything I pay upwards of $70.00 for needs to work all the way through.

post-22122-1339199300_thumb.png

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hello :)

That message refers to Auto Scan and is only updated when a complete scan is done. And a complete scan made by Auto Scan can take up to a week, depending how you use the PC.

Soon we will change it a little bit and a Full System scan will also update that pad.

So have no worries, is working properly.

Take care.

• Hello :)

That message refers to Auto Scan and is only updated when a complete scan is done. And a complete scan made by Auto Scan can take up to a week, depending how you use the PC.

Soon we will change it a little bit and a Full System scan will also update that pad.

So have no worries, is working properly.

Take care.

I see. Finally a reply that makes total sense to me. You know how many times me and a bunch of other people have asked that same question and I've never received that answer. Makes sense. So, tell me if I'm right. AutoScan starts it's normal scanning procedures and stops and starts as I use my machine. It just picks up where it leaves off when I pause my machine or shut it down or put it to sleep and then when I turn it back on it picks back up again and eventually will finish the Full(AutoScan) it was doing between starts and stops. Sound right. Now I can use this and feel good about it.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Actually under Auto Scan there are 2 types of scans: a lighter one that is only scanning the processes, know locations and for rootkits and a complete one that is scanning the HDDs. Only the last one updates the pad.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will see what can be improved to this module.

Take care.

• Randyboy99
    edited June 2012
    Options

Actually under Auto Scan there are 2 types of scans: a lighter one that is only scanning the processes, know locations and for rootkits and a complete one that is scanning the HDDs. Only the last one updates the pad.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will see what can be improved to this module.

Take care.

I'm not quite sure I understand that part Christian. In the Autoscan I only see where you have the Default settings and the custom, which you pick your own settings. If I'm missing something please clue me in. You aren't talking about any of the scans that are on the "Scan Now" Tab are you? Those would be all on demand right? I have my settings Custom to scan all files. Is that what you mean?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome back!

No, I am not referring to those scan. The two types of scans that Auto Scan performs when your PC has free resources are automatic and you can not change the settings from the product. Basically the processes run in background without user intervention.

Have a great day!