Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virus Scan And Windows Xp Password Issue?

Options
Drewie
edited August 2012 in Antivirus

I have been using Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 for a month or so now, works great and on each scan usually finds what it calls 30 or so infected items (mainly cookies), I had to put a password on Windows XP as we have a 4 year old grandchild and she loves to play games on the PC under my supervision but as I have seen her attempt to find the games her self I put a password on windows to be safe and I log off when I am not using the PC.

Well I did my usual weekly scan and got the results saying I had 426 failed items, and the usual 30 or so infected cookies as normal and a message to contact Bitdefender for help as my PC was NOT virus free. I thought the only thing I have done in the last week is put a password on Windows XP, so I deleted the password and run the full system scan again and it came back no infected items and NO failed items. So am I going to have to remove the Windows password every virus scan and put it back in again or is there a way around it, or did the first scan just have a mal function? Appreciate your thoughts.

Copy of the original scan attached. The second scan after deleting the Windows password was fine.

post-103153-1345291874_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Could you please try to make these settings in the product and let me know if the situation is still reproducing?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=153962

Take care.

• Hello :)

Could you please try to make these settings in the product and let me know if the situation is still reproducing?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=153962

Take care.

Hi Christian... I did as you suggested and turned off the auto updates function then ran my normal scan. Every thing appears to have worked normally, the scan found 27 items (Cookies) and said all items resolved. Have attached the scan log for your refererence.

Not really sure what happened initially whether it was to do with the Windows password I had just put in or some thing to do with the auto update. Appreciate your thoughts.

Regards Ron.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=10156" data-fileid="10156" rel="">1345772154_1_02.xml

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

The issue with the ignored items is scheduled to be resolved in the next product update that is expected next week, build 16.20.xxx.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!

• Hello :)

The issue with the ignored items is scheduled to be resolved in the next product update that is expected next week, build 16.20.xxx.

Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding!

Thanks Christian, my issue was more to do with the failed items rather than ignored items, have a look at the screen shot I posted in my original post. Your suggestion of turning off the auto update prior to the scan seemed to work, not sure whether my problem with the failed items was to do with the Windows password I had just put in prior to the scan, or what you suggested.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

We are talking about the same files here. The actual issue is that in the final screen of the scanning process, the product considers the ignored items as unresolved and the status is failed to clean those files.

Those files are not infected and we are working hard to solve this ASAP!

Have a great weekend!