Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pros And Cons Of Autoscan And Scheduled Scan

Options

The Auto Scan runs only if the system resources fall below a threshold level which is also unknown while Auto Scan run automatically and takes days to complete, thus complicating the design of the product because of several reasons such as the updating of the SmartScan Database which is also associated with other Scan tasks, random scanning because of newly added files to the location which is already scanned. It will scan the whole Harddisk drive.

While Scheduled scan is user dependent and the user can always run according to its routine and configure it as he likes even the scan targets can be set.

Actually AutoScan is the replacement of continuous Background Scanning and not of the Schedule Scan.

I'll add more points and all users are invited to debate on the subject.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

No one is interested in reply?

• I don't like that feature at all.Always preferred scheduled scans.

• I am brand new and I like a Rock solid scheduled scan and a intrusion detection settings where you can set settings to tell the program to take appropriate actions based upon default rules or custom rules you set for it. I know that Bit-Defender is the best rated but I would like to see more comprehensive application control like in Kaspersky products.

• The Auto Scan runs only if the system resources fall below a threshold level which is also unknown while Auto Scan run automatically and takes days to complete, thus complicating the design of the product because of several reasons such as the updating of the SmartScan Database which is also associated with other Scan tasks, random scanning because of newly added files to the location which is already scanned. It will scan the whole Harddisk drive.

While Scheduled scan is user dependent and the user can always run according to its routine and configure it as he likes even the scan targets can be set.

Actually AutoScan is the replacement of continuous Background Scanning and not of the Schedule Scan.

I'll add more points and all users are invited to debate on the subject.

Do know anyway ONT of how you could set up a Control environment where you could set up that you could confirm for us what exactly those parameters are? I know you probably know by now after all the time spent here. Care to clue is in so we could set our machines up like that?

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I am brand new and I like a Rock solid scheduled scan and a intrusion detection settings where you can set settings to tell the program to take appropriate actions based upon default rules or custom rules you set for it. I know that Bit-Defender is the best rated but I would like to see more comprehensive application control like in Kaspersky products.

Yeah Kaspersky is very flexible and meets requirements for all users skill level, however Bitedefender has higher detection rates.

Do know anyway ONT of how you could set up a Control environment where you could set up that you could confirm for us what exactly those parameters are? I know you probably know by now after all the time spent here. Care to clue is in so we could set our machines up like that?

Read this post and also my post #16 and Christian's replies on post #20, some of which are not clear even now.

Bitdefender 2013 & Autoscan

• Thank you for inviting discussion.

I found this thread after posing the following question, in another thread.

If I understand correctly, Bitdefender does not allow the user to set any scan schedule. It is Autoscan or one of the two manual scans. (System or Custom). Except, for the option to use Windows Task Scheduler, and make registry changes.

Autoscan is limited in what it scans for.

I cannot find anything that says what threats System Scan scans for, that is, is it for the same or different threats as the Autoscan.

The Custom Scan lets the user choose what threats to scan for.

I think this system is very poor.

Today, Autoscan took over most of the resources of my computer, and it was stop it, or be patient working in my other tasks.

I let it finish. Then, I ran a System Scan, and some other threats were found.

But, I then checked my Custom Scan options, and saw I could include rootkits. I ran the Custom Scan, and sure enough, three more threats were found. (I cannot guarantee they did not slip in in between the time of the first and last scans, or if they were missed by the first scans.)

The point is, if I cannot control when the scan runs, and what it scans for, I am always guessing as to what needs to be done, and when it should be done. Ignorance is not always bliss. Sometimes its a viral infection.