Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan Issues * Rescue Mode Issues With Windows 8

Options

Okay so after receiving my new Dell Alienware Computer - X51 model my first port of call was to download Bitdefender AV Plus 2013.

After a few day's I notice during the full system scan that there were large volumes of items not being scanned ( I know that there are smart scan features which would usually explain this)

However - in the scan log I find that the cause of these items being skipped is System volume information not scanned then the reason - object not found, now we are talking thousands of items not being scanned.

At first I thought to check for a rootkit/bootkit to see if that could be the issue, I re-installed Windows 8 after using Gparted to format the HDt o rule this out.

I then downloaded Bitdefender and I still have the same issue so I then used other products to compare results, first MalwareBytes then HitmanPro and finally Norton.

All managed to scan every file that Bitdefender had not scanned thankfully though with no infection results.

Now onto the rescue mode issue, after clicking the option "Rescue mode I get the UAC message then I click accept & my system restarts . Upon restart i get a windows 9 prompt screen in which i can select Bit defender Rescue mode to run, i do this to then get a screen saying : windows failed to start File \bdr-1d01.mbr status 0xc0000000f

I then checked that the file was present on the C drive and it was present, to be sure i then used the Bitdefender Repair tool. I tried again with the same result.

I'm currently running Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 engine version 7.45079 Build 16.20.0.1483

I have opened a support ticket for this issue but i thought I'd post here in case anybody else was having similar issues or could help me out with a fix.

Daniel.

Comments

• Just to update everyone on the skipping files issue, I believe I have found a temporary fix to the issue Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > System Protection > Configure > Disable System Protection. This seems to have stopped the files skipping over this area and saying that the object System Volume information cannot be found.

I still plan to grant access to my user account and investigate the System volume information folder (which is usually hidden and protected) and post my findings here.

I'm still having no joy with fixing the Bitdefender Rescue Mode not booting issue though - Any help would be appreciated.

Daniel

• alexx69
    Options
    I'm currently running Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 engine version 7.45079 Build 16.20.0.1483

Hello XVeteranzX and welcome to the forum,

Your build that you reported has been outdated.

You should have 16.25.0.1710!

Check this link http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

and first use uninstall tool(run as administrator & restart your computer when finished) and then choose offline installation kit that you want (run as administrator).

It will help you to get the latest build as soon as the installation was completed.

NOTE: during installation when you see a pop-up window for the latest updates that will be offered, choose NO, only at the end, when the installation was completed, you have to update your product.

It should solve your problem with Rescue Mode.

Regards.

• Giving this a go now, will post after re-install.

Regards,

Daniel

• Followed instructions to the letter with no change in the issue and I am still getting the error screen :

windows failed to start

File \bdr-1d01.mbr status 0xc0000000f

Again, this file is present on the root of the C Drive - ( Checked by enabling show hidden files) And I am upon restart given the option to click (Bitdefender with Windows 8 X64)

My BIOS is UEFI and Secure boot is disabled.

• alexx69
    alexx69 ✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Hello XVeteranzX,

I'm sorry to hear that.

Honestly, I've not noticed that someone reported this sort of problem, with that specific error.

In this case, you should to wait for a response from the Technical Support (via ticket ID that you requested) that will probably require BDSP log from you and see if some installed software in your system causing this problem.

I wish you luck !

Regards.

• Thank you anyway, sorted my build due to your help.

I believe the issue lies with my BIOS being UEFI.

I'll await a response from a technician and keep trying to self troubleshoot.

Regards

Daniel

[Ticket ID:201301151004463]

• alexx69
    Options

Hello Daniel,

You're welcome.

I hope that you will get help quickly and with a final solution to your issue.

Have a nice day.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Rescue Mode use in Windows 8 has some issues discussed here

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=40554

• Hello,

thank you for the link to other issues with windows 8, from reading that I'm considering disabling ELAM and giving it a go from there. I will post result here.

Regards

Daniel.

• No luck so far with disabling ELAM.

Leaving it to the BD techies now

;)

Daniel