If Av Shields Are Set To Aggressive It Kills Loading Start Menu/program List Help Please

Sins about a week now i am having a huge problem that was not there before the latest program update. I always had my AV shield settings set to aggressive and had no problems what so ever.

Now after the latest program update both Access scanning and/or Active management when set to Aggressive, Start menu/programs list takes forever to load. All icons stay blank and when clicked on they will open after more then 60 seconds.

Also when Windows explorer is started, the favorites list (on top of the left pane) takes for ever to load properly. I can see the green bar on top of explorer loading the folder list very, very slowly.

When AV shield is set to normal the problem disappears and everything is working just fine. It took me hours and hours to figure out what caused the problem and finally found BDIS 2013 latest program update caused the problem.

Any suggestion are welcome, thank you.

Comments

• Hi Zocor, and welcome :)

I know if you have Active Virus Control set on high, you can have issues and experience slow downs (see Christian's answer in post #12): http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=165889

Kind Regards,

Columbo

• Zocor
    Zocor ✭✭✭

Hi columbo.

Thank you for pointing to the explanation in the link, strange thing though is that i have it on Aggressive sins BDIS 2013 is out and just started to have problems at the last program update about a week ago. Thanks anyway i have set it back to normal and should leave it this way.

Thanks again for your help. :rolleyes::P

• You're welcome, Zocor :)

I know it was only partial help, but thank you for considering it graciously. You're right, it could have just been a BD update that pushed things over the brink into having the slow down issue you described. Hopefully in setting things to the more normal settings, will keep your PC running smoother :)

Thanks for posting back :)

Columbo