Problem: Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 Vs Windows Vista

overseer
edited March 2013 in Antivirus

Hello i have a problem. Im buy and install BIS 2013 on Windows Vista SP2. After 10 min all browsers dont explorer internet sites.

ping and tracert passed. Page load load load load...... and not visible.

I tried to off Antivirus and Firewall. The problem remained.

Removed BIS. all worked..

Please help me...

I have BIS on Win 8, Win 7 - no problem..

What me do?

Comments

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2013

Hi overseer :)

See if these settings help (even though you had the firewall off), then restart your PC, and let us know: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35496

Scott

• Tomorrow I will try this Settings

Thanks, columbo

• No problem, as that will give others here the opportunity to post in case they've been through this before, in this sense, that the link I provided usually helps when you can't get a web browser to load right from the start, and not after it's been 10 minutes of surfing.

• overseer
    edited March 2013

problem is not resolved.

--------------------

but

--------------------

I've done full format disk, install windows vista, install sp1 and sp2, install drivers and BIS.

Im testing in new OS

• columbo
    columbo
    edited March 2013

Let us know, as the "10 minutes after" scenario you mentioned, made me think of some type of file/process corruption, or malware? At least this way, you have a clean install, and can now work from the bottom up (i.e. what you will now be installing, compared to all that was on your OS, that could have been causing the conflict).

• overseer
    edited March 2013

This computer controled KIS 2013. Im delete KIS2013 reboot and install BIS. 100% no malware and viruses

• Good to hear :) Bitdefender can be very finicky about any leftovers of a previous AV. So in cases where uninstall tools were not used (not saying you didn't ^_^), and then a manual leftover file search and a registry search and clean up was not initiated, can cause issues, here is an example: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=180020

Yet, that will not be an issue now :) Let us know how it goes.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for taking the time to post back with your results, overseer.

We are here for you should you require further help.

Have a lovely weekend! :)

• overseer
    edited April 2013

Problem is not solved

A week later there was a problem in nov

Notebook Samsung R60 Plus

Im buy Windows 7 Home basic and full install, after update on sp1 and install BIS 2013.. Problem is not solved..

Im switch OFF: Autoscan, On-Access Scanning, Active virus control, antiphishing and all include antiphishing and firewall..

Problem is not solved.. Page loading loading loading

laptop meets the minimum requirements

On another PC with high perfomance not problem Windows 7, Windows 8.. I have 10 PC: 3 BTS, 6 BIS, only 1 pc problem..

Im full delete BIS and problem solved... Im install BDA - everything works fine.

May be a problem in the hardware incompatibility or Firewall...

Is it possible to change the license of BIS -> BDA(bitdefender antivirus)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi overseer,

We can replace only your Bitdefender Internet Security 2009 key with a key for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013. The Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 key is part of a promotion, which means that we are not allow to perform any modification on it.

Or - we can try to investigate the situation and find a proper solution for you.

Please let me know how would you like to proceed.

• Thanks.

Time can not do. My mistake was not tested 30 days

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi overseer,

Please post here a support tool log from that machine (run "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2013\supporttool.exe" to generate the support tool archive)

You can also upload the information on www.sendspace.com or www.mediafire.com, then post here the download link.

Thank you :)