Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

For Everyone Having Trouble

Options

Here are a few tidbits learned through recent experience. All of the below refers to Windows 7, but I bet it is also relevant for other Windows OS.

In the last month or two, Bitdefender made a few changes. I think they fixed some problems, but they also eliminated the blue status indicator informing users of the update.

I recommend that you do not use Bitdefender in a dual-boot situation.

Bitdefender has a problem with computer names with a '-' in them. I wonder if other special characters also present a problem. Special characters are valid in Microsoft-land, but apparently not in Bitdefender-land. Only use letters and numbers in computer names for Bitdefender's sake. If you used a special character, eliminate it in your computer via Control Panel (which requires a reboot), remove the old entry in My Bitdefender, Repair your Bitdefender installation (from the Start Menu) which will uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender, and reboot to ensure that Bitdefender and Windows are on speaking terms.

If you see an Error 1017 (which support told me is a communications error) when you attempt to update, Repair your Bitdefender installation (from the Start Menu) and reboot.

Note to support: the reboot is essential.

Comments

• doncht
    Options
    I recommend that you do not use Bitdefender in a dual-boot situation.

Thanks. I guess dual boot installation doesn't really a good combo for BD but this is nothing major.

If you see an Error 1017 (which support told me is a communications error) when you attempt to update, Repair your Bitdefender installation (from the Start Menu) and reboot.

Thanks for letting us know. Users will sure be able to save a lot of time figuring out this kind of issue.smile2.png