Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virus Shield Service Fails To Start When Turning On Laptop

Options

There was an update a few weeks ago that messed up my network settings and repairing Bitdefender Total Security 2013 didn't solve the problem. I had to uninstall and reinstall it.

Since then the Virus Shield service fails to start every time I turn on the laptop and I need to manually start it in Services.

How to fix this?

Comments

• Hi,

You should check Bitdefender's service if it has been opened.You can let it open in windows service.Do you understand me?

Start Menu - Control panel - management tool - Service

Find "Bitdefender Desktop Parental Control"and let it using.

• Hi,

You should check Bitdefender's service if it has been opened.You can let it open in windows service.Do you understand me?

Start Menu - Control panel - management tool - Service

Find "Bitdefender Desktop Parental Control"and let it using.

That is where I need to go to restart the Virus Shield service: Start Menu - Control Panel - Management Tools - Services

• Rebekah
    edited September 2013
    Options

I have the same problem with my netbook. About three weeks ago the Virus Shield stopped for a short time , then flickered on and off and on again soon after my startup and getting connected. It generated three bug reports which I submitted but they never fixed the problem. Aren't the bug reports that I submit supposed to automatically ID and fix the problem? This is very stressful getting online now, since I never know if my Virus Shield is going to work. No one is answering my questions when I contact tech support in email, and I get all kinds of different reasons why this is happening. Veryy frustrated. I haven't done the Support Tool Log yet but from reading all the other people with this problem, it comes back unable to identify why it's not responding.