Functionality Missing In Upgrade To 2014?

Hi just upgraded to Internet Security 2014 and noted that there seems to be functionality missing on the parental control feature? For example in my previous version I could configure block categories, whitelists etc, and now I cannot find that functionality anywhere. I have deleted and recreated the child profile and searched wherever I could on the client side and web dashboard.

The only thing I can do is specify the age and ### of the child whose profile is being created but no other functionality is available other than this.

Can you please assist with this issue?

Orvor.

Comments

• Hi Posted this yesterday,

No replies - are there any admins out there? Product support is part of my purchase right?

Can you please respond with some guidance as how to resolve this issue?

Regards

O

Hi just upgraded to Internet Security 2014 and noted that there seems to be functionality missing on the parental control feature? For example in my previous version I could configure block categories, whitelists etc, and now I cannot find that functionality anywhere. I have deleted and recreated the child profile and searched wherever I could on the client side and web dashboard.

The only thing I can do is specify the age and ### of the child whose profile is being created but no other functionality is available other than this.

Can you please assist with this issue?

Orvor.

• Product support is part of my purchase right?

Yes, have you actually tried contacting Support other than on here? I don't use Parental Control so can't advise more than providing the following most likely useless info...

email: support@bitdefender.com

also, try opening https://my.bitdefender.com and see what Parental Control options are available via the dashboard.

additional reading (user manual in PDF form) - http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...serGuide_en.pdf

• columbo
    columbo
    edited October 2013

Hi Orvor :)

Did you upgrade from the 2012 version, in which case the Parental Controls were "onboard" or as you mentioned, client side? Since 2013, the Parental controls are now all done via the BD web servers, Mybitdefender.com, or from your main BD UI/MyBitdefender. The Parental Control panel on the main UI is just an On/Off function to enable Parental Controls, and a link (Configure) to go to the web parental controls page. Once there it should look like the below.

It sounds like you were able to put in your child's age, you should then be able to turn on Web controls, and then clicking the little arrow next to the On/Off, will open up the main settings page, 2nd image.

BDParentalcontrolsettings_zps96c57531.jpg

BDParentalcontrolsettings1_zps0f5ff913.jpg

Let us know if you are able to access these options, or need further help.

Kind regards,

Scott

• Orvor
    edited October 2013

Hi Scott,

Thanks! This is exactly the functionality I was looking for. And yes I upgraded from Internet Security 2012 to 2013. Problem solved.

Regards

Orvor

• You're welcome, Orvor, I'm glad you were helped. Thanks for posting back with your results

:)

Scott