Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 8.1 Final

Options

Just upgraded to Windows 8.1, and am now getting on-access Scanning disabled error, it will not start. Update does not seem to be working as well: Update encountered an error.

Comments

• Just upgraded to Windows 8.1, and am now getting on-access Scanning disabled error, it will not start. Update does not seem to be working as well: Update encountered an error.

After updating to 8.1 Pro x64 BD went into a state where it was only running in user, not admin mode, Active Virus Control would not turn on, and after a first connect using a browser, all subsequent internet traffic was then firewalled to zero. One connect per reboot! I turned off BD firewall and the internet worked fine.

I then tried a repair install which corrected it to run in admin mode and the firewall now works, but Active Virus Control will still not turn on.

Methinks there is some work to be done on this one?

• Exactly the same problem. upgraded to Windows 8.1 (64 bit). and am now getting on-access Scanning disabled error, it will not start. Update does not seem to be working as well: Update encountered an error.

• You need to uninstall Bitdefender, reboot, and then install it from scratch using the latest installer. This solved the problem for me.

• I have same issue. Can you tell me how to get latest installer please?

• I've been a paid-up user of Bitdefender since 2006. The application has always worked very well for me. Can someone please tell me where I can get the latest installer? If I have to uninstall and reinstall but with a new installer, where do I get it from? I take it that it is pointless to reinstall using the installer I already have?

Would really appreciate some help.

Thanks

• JohnZZZ
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Exactly the same problem. upgraded to Windows 8.1 (64 bit). and am now getting on-access Scanning disabled error, it will not start. Update does not seem to be working as well: Update encountered an error.

I tried the test version of Bitdefender Internet Security with windows 8.1 64bit.

In firefox all https websites gave a "This Connection is Untrusted" warning and blocked all.

I can't even use https://www.google.com.

And I could not even install firefox plugins at all.

In internet explorer 11 I got a lot of messages of invalid certifications.

After 1 day trying, I only had very big troubles.

So I uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security. :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

• I am using Win 8.1 Pro Preview and Bitdefender Antivirus 2013 is not working. I have not been able to find a solution and the company does not provide any help in this case. Ultimately, if the issue is not addressed by Bitdefender, I will be switching to another product; perhaps, Karspersky or other.

• Daniel777, I am also very disappointed with technical support. I have solved the issue though by upgrading to the latest Bitdefender product. It was time for me to resubscribe anyway and whilst doing so and getting the latest Total Security I noticed this latest version is compatible with Windows 8.1.