Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

On-access Scanning Issue

I have Bidefender Windows 8 security. Ever since I updated to windows 8.1 My on-access scan has been reported as disabled even though it is on, but I cant change my settings. My active virus scan is off and I cant turn it back on. When I click on, it immediately switches back to off. When I click autopilot it immediately switches back to user mode.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited April 2014

Hello Cadet17,

The first thing to do is to run a repair. Go to the Control Panel, Programs and Features and double click Bitdefender to uninstall. Choose Repair and wait for it to finish then reboot your PC.

Hopefully that will solve the problem.

• Hello Cadet17,

The first thing to do is to run a repair. Go to the Control Panel, Programs and Features and double click Bitdefender to uninstall. Choose Repair and wait for it to finish then reboot your PC.

Hopefully that will solve the problem.

I agree but would add if you are using Malwarebytes Pro 1.75 or Premium 2.0 you should turn off all protection first or better yet uninstall it before doing the BD repair. I have experienced conflicts when trying to install or repair BD when MBAM real time sanning is active.

• Windows 8.1 has some weird updates. I have seen some. It could be possible that it was referring to a Windows on access scan. Can you make sure about that first? smile2.png

So I did the repair and everything. The on-access scan works now, but I still cant get the active virus control to turn on. Every time I click it, it turns on and then promptly turns off again.