A New Avangate Ripoff?attn Support!

busterbuddy
edited January 2015 in General

I purchased Total Security 2015 Multi-Device on December 5, 2014. I had not used it in a while but decided to use it today.

When I opened MyBitdefender from the link provided by Avangate when you make your purchase it says my license has expired!!!!!!Sure. Of course it's expired. My one year license is already over one month old!!! Gimme a break.

You try and call Avangate and get help LMAO. Good Luck with that. Need the order number for starters which I never got. All I got from Avangate was a link to My Bitdefender. What a joke (on me.)

NEVER AGAIN

Bitdefender should use Cleverbridge. They are honest and easy to deal with.

Comments

• busterbuddy
    edited January 2015
    I purchased Total Security 2015 Multi-Device on December 5, 2014. I had not used it in a while but decided to use it today.

When I opened MyBitdefender from the link provided by Avangate when you make your purchase it says my license has expired!!!!!!Sure. Of course it's expired. My one year license is already over one month old!!! Gimme a break.

You try and call Avangate and get help LMAO. Good Luck with that. Need the order number for starters which I never got. All I got from Avangate was a link to My Bitdefender. What a joke (on me.)

NEVER AGAIN

Bitdefender should use Cleverbridge. They are honest and easy to deal with.

All I have received from Avangate about this apparent theft is a non-responsive, unhelpful auto-response.

Today I submitted a support ticket with Bitdefender with screen shot of my Order and license link from Avangate.

It reads in Part as follows:

"My one year license to BitDefender Total Security 2015 -Multi Device expired in less than two months!!!

I am an attorney and public relations consultant in the Metro Washington, DC area. I can assure I am the wrong person to scam out of his money.

On 05/12/2014, I purchased BitDefender Total Security 2015 Multi-Device - 1 year subscription and received a confirmation email from Avangate which had a BitDefender Logo and a Link to My My BitDefender. The email read, in part:

"Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2015

Avangate Customer Service

Dec 5, '14

to xxxxxxx

Avangate Customer Service <customer@avangate.com>

To:

xxxxxx4@xxxxxx

Subject:

Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device 2015

Date:

Friday, December 05, 2014 3:01 AM

Bitdefender

Dear Xxxxxxx Xxxxx,

Your online order placed on http://www.bitdefender.com on December 05, 2014 and processed by Avangate as the authorized vendor of Bitdefender products has been successfully completed (order number: xxxxxxx). Please note that avangate*bitdefender.c will appear on your bank statement, instead of Bitdefender.

ELECTRONIC DELIVERY DETAILS

Please find below the license registration/activation information for the product you have ordered:

(up to 5 devices, 1 year):

Name: Xxxxx Xxxxx

Email: xxxxxxx@xxxx

Your new subscription has been automatically added to your MyBitdefender account.

Click on the link below to see it and start adding devices."

As of 2 weeks ago My Bitdefender says that my license has expired, which is impossible. As of today, my 1-year $89.95 license to BD T S 2015-MD is less than two months old.

I have read that there have been recent issues with MyBitdefender. Hopefully, this is the cause and if it is I demand a commensurate extension of my license.

I complained to Avangate and received a worthless auto - response. You can get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from working your way through Avangate's Auto Menus.

As I stated above, I am an attorney and public relations consultant in the Washington, DC Metro area. I can assure I am the wrong person to scam out of his money. This is not about the money - it is a matter of principle and Avangate's notorious reputation for allegations of fraud, non-responsiveness, auto-renewal policy and errors, unauthorized billing, etc., as expressed by current and past BD customer's on the BD and several other Forums and Consumer Complaint Sites, and The Better Business Bureau.

I have read that there have been recent issues with MyBitdefender. Hopefully, this is the cause and if it is I demand a commensurate extension of my license.

This matter needs to be fixed immediately without more of my valuable time having to be spent.

I fully expect to receive no response or a useless referral to Avangate.

Let me assure you. I am more than fully capable of becoming BitDefender's and Avangate's Worst Nightmare.

Failure to fix this problem or give me an immediate refund will cost BitDefender several thousand times the money I paid BD for my license. You can go to the bank on that!

Thank you for your attention or lack thereof,

Xxxxx Xxxxxx,. Esq."

For me this is not about the money. My time is worth many times more than that. For me it is now a matter of principle.

As Bill Veek, former owner of he Cleveland Indians, St. Louis Browns, and Chicago White Sox once said: "Matters of Principle are Holy Wars and are NEVER settled out of court."

Hoping to get some response from support on this forum, which I have never received, as you can see. I have far better and worthwhile things to spend my time on.

>>------->

• NB: As you can see I was mistaken in my original post. I did in fact receive my Avangate Order Number.

• NB: As you can see I was mistaken in my original post. I did in fact receive my Avangate Order Number.

What did Bitdefender say in their ticket that you submitted? Also, are you a United States citizen and resident?

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    What did Bitdefender say in their ticket that you submitted? Also, are you a United States citizen and resident?

All right, after reading much more of your post, I can see that you live in the Washington DC area. This is good. As you say you are an attorney, you should easily be able to slap Avangate with a suit, as they are also a US company headquartered in California.

Now, I've actually never had any problems using Avangate. I've been a Bitdefender customer for 2 years now, and I'm pleased with the actual product. But I've hear of other people have problems with Avandgate.

One thing you can do before you start the lawsuit process is also file a complaint with the BBB. Here's their store page:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/b...-city-ca-380104

That way, when you show up in court, you can show the judge you tried every possible civil means of trying to get this problem solved; but they just wouldn't cooperate with you.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited January 2015

Thanks for your post, seriously. Sorry about your problems but your post reminded me to go to the Avangate website and

1. Turn off the auto-renewal on one product that had it. I got lazy on this product when I renewed its license earlier this month and forgot to unclick the auto-renewal box when I pruchased the new license for the app. So I needed to go to the Avangate website to turn off the auto-renewal.

2. Turn off the email reminder from them on products whose license has expired and I am no longer using. Clean up possible spam.

I have purchased maybe a half dozen apps whose manufacturer uses Avangate so it took me about five minutes to clean up everything, log out and delete all the website cookies after logging out.

Aggressive marketing vendors will set auto-renewal on when you purchase a license of their products. Avangate makes it farily easy to turn off the auto-renewal on their website if you forget to do so when purchasing the product. The problem is most people like yourself are not aware of this so they get burned and rightly so become very aggravated. I was too the first time it happened to me. Then I discovered the Avangate website. Now no problems with unwanted auto-renewals through Avangate.

I suggest people who use paid for Bitdefender licenses purchased through the Bitdefender website bookmark the Avangate website, register and periodically review the status of your licenses purchased via Avangate.

• And thank you for your above post, Nesivos, as I've never created an account to check out my Avangate purchases, even after these years and reading all those threads, I've never even checked it out for myself.

I did have one license for Total Security that was going to Auto-Renew in March, so I took care of that, thanks to you :)

For those who may want the shortcuts, the link to create an account (will be with the email address you purchased using Avangate) can be found here: https://secure.avangate.com/myaccount/

To find out if you have a subscription set to Auto-Renew or not, click on the My Products tab which will also show you your subscription status, as well as to receive email notifications of an expiring software (as Nesivos also mentioned).

• busterbuddy
    edited February 2015

OK :-)

My Apologies to Bitdefender and Avangate and thank you to Bitdefender Support's responses to my ticket and/or post.

My Bitdefender License is still in effect for the proper remaining days.

I guess I did not understand how to use BD TS 2015 MD:

When I opened My Bit Defender, there showed a red warning stating: "There is a problem with one of your devices." When I clicked on that warning it took me to a second page. The only words that appeared in the Large White Portion of that page where you usually find a bunch of squares about things to do with your installation etc, were the following words in Large Bold Black Text: "Your Subscription To Bit Defender Total Securtiy 2015 Has Expired"

Previously, whenever I saw that "Notice of Expiration of My License," I did not notice in the far left blue column on the top of which was a box that said "+ Install Bit Defender Total Security on Another Device" that is written in relatively small white lettering against a blue background near the top of the column." So I clicked on it to see what, if anything, would happen. When I clicked on it a small white screen appeared giving me the option to download the install file or have a link to the install file sent to my email address. I downloaded the install file and Bit Defender Total Security 2015 MD is now successfully installed on my PC with the correct amount of days remaining on My BitDefender Screen.

Although the instructions and windows that open in My Bit Defender are not clear and to me were totally misleading - i.e., "Your License to Bit Defender Total Security 2015 has Expired", I now still feel like an idiot :-)

• At least you had the humility to post back concerning what happened, hawki...not many would do that but to just let it go and hope everyone else would forget about it ^_^

Besides, your above post may help someone who goes through the same thing, and helps them concerning what to look for and how to interpret a possible BD "expiration warning".

• busterbuddy
    edited February 2015
    At least you had the humility to post back concerning what happened, hawki...not many would do that but to just let it go and hope everyone else would forget about it ^_^

Besides, your above post may help someone who goes through the same thing, and helps them concerning what to look for and how to interpret a possible BD "expiration warning".

Thank You columbo:-)

There is no way I would allow myself to let my OP stand without a full update, apology, and explanation.

After filing my ticket BD Support was great. Truth be Known the last reply I got from them, I never read through the whole thing - it was very long and offered several possible solutions. They sent at least 4 replies.

It was only by serendipity that I discovered how to cure what I had thought was a problem.

(But given the screens I was shown in My Bitdefender, I had every reason to believe there was a problem, When I see a screen that says in Huge Bold Black letters that "Your BD Total Security 2015 License Has Expired" and I bought it in December of 2014, I had every reason to believe there was a problem :-)

LOL