Restricting Program Startup

Bit defender is make this program chief architect take a long time to start as it need to connect to the internet

Ashampoo_Snap_2015.04.21_17h39m21s_001__zps8dfym61h.png

Comments

• antikythera
    edited April 2015

Can't say I'm surprised to read your post. I have removed soon to expire BDAV from one of my personal machines to install A N Other Company's Internet Security 2015 this last week and it feels like a new PC. It starts up far quicker, programs are more responsive and in-game P2P content loads a heck of a lot faster too. That was BDAV so I'd hazard a guess that BDIS is just as bad if not worse for internet traffic processing.

I see you have the correct intended firewall rule in place. Have you also added this executable to the excluded process list under the antivirus module? if not, it may be worth a try.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Say it ain't so, Antikythera! You've been with us so long and helped so many.

I wonder if the original poster has also checked his adaptor settings, under the Firewall, to make sure that those settings are correct: "Home/Office" or "Trusted", "Off" for Stealth Mode, and "On" for Generic?

Have a great day. We will miss you Antikythera.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Say it ain't so, Antikythera! You've been with us so long and helped so many.

I wonder if the original poster has also checked his adaptor settings, under the Firewall, to make sure that those settings are correct: "Home/Office" or "Trusted", "Off" for Stealth Mode, and "On" for Generic?

Have a great day. We will miss you Antikythera.

Regards,

-Phil

Sadly it is so. Thanks for the sentiment of your post though. I may be back as a 'user' in the future but never far away in the meantime. My vocation means I will still have to deal with PCs running Bitdefender software in the meantime...

• Thanks all for the help

I tried those suggestions but no luck

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

What happens if you temporarily disable the BD Firewall and then launch the program? Does it make any difference in the loading time? If it does, what happens when your re-enable the firewall after the program loads?

You might want to consider sending in a support request, generated by the BD Support Tool to the support people to have them look into this issue.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor