Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Password Protected Files

Options

New user, on BD Total Security 30-day trial, Win7 64bit.

A scan flags 6 of my files as password-protected and tells me to right-click them, choose Scan with Bitdefender, and "insert the password to continue the scanning process."

I assume this means right-click the file in its Explorer window; but I don't get a password prompt when I do this; it just goes back to the same dialog with the same instructions. Screenshot attached. (If it means to right-click the file in the log, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.)

Note: Two of the files are mine and I know their passwords; but the others are system files.

Thanks for any clues.

Mark

post-192768-1438428932_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello,

Password protected files are OK. Bitdefender does not know the password and even if they are opened by the user or the program that has them (i.e. Flash) they will be scanned the moment they are open. You can ignore them. :)

Comment by Georgia.

Ro.

• mark99k
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hello,

Password protected files are OK. Bitdefender does not know the password and even if they are opened by the user or the program that has them (i.e. Flash) they will be scanned the moment they are open. You can ignore them. :)

Comment by Georgia.

Ro.

Ahh OK, I guess I phrased my post badly. I'm concerned that each full scan (which for me happens daily) flags these files and pops up a message about them. I know I can ignore them, but is there no setting to tell the program to ignore them, so that I don't have to dismiss the message each time? (I create passworded files oten, so entering settings every day to tell BD to exclude the most recently created files -- whose names vary -- is a bit impractical.)

Stranger still: I just noticed, when I exclude one of them by name, the program still attempts to scan it -- same message. Ehh? (Hm, does the trial version not allow certain features?)

Thanks again,

Mark