Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

I Uninstalled Homesecurity 2015 And Will Never Return

Options

Three weeks ago I upgraded to Windows 10. The only program to cause compatibility problems was Bitdefender. Bluntly, it hosed my ACLs on system folders and the firewall would not allow IMAP mail services through.

I gave you guys 3 weeks to hopefully put up an update to your application and you didn't. So, I tried a fresh installation of Windows 10 and a fresh install of Bitdefender Homesecurity 2015 and guess what? Your application is a piece of crap. I can't use two IMAP email clients (eM and Windows Mail) without your firewall blocking them. I tried resetting the firewall, rebooting my computer after the reset and nothing works other than opening up the fire wall for the mail apps for ZERO protection which is unacceptable.

I left MacAfee ten years ago for this kind of crap and I refuse to use their products. Welcome to the list!

And to think I had 199 days left on my license. I'll eat the 199 days and Bitdefender can lose all my future business and I will be sure to tell my friends what a load of crap your application really is.

Angrily yours,

A former customer

Comments

• I also had trouble with bitdefender after upgrading to win 10. re-installed and seems ok now..., avast refused to install at all !, M$ is pushing windows defender by default, and seems to be giving some AV co.s a hard time.

• jimrpierce01@gmail.com
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I also had trouble with bitdefender after upgrading to win 10. re-installed and seems ok now..., avast refused to install at all !, M$ is pushing windows defender by default, and seems to be giving some AV co.s a hard time.

The solution, then, is for Bitdefender to work the bugs out of their installation and release an update. They should also stop claiming their product is Windows 10 ready until it actually is ready. This isn't Microsoft's fault. Vendors have had release code some time prior to it going public. Bitdefender released a "Windows 10 ready" claim that simply isn't true. (The fact you also had trouble demonstrates my point.) And, btw, I am using another product (from one of their competitors) that has ZERO installation issues, doesn't slow down my machine by using up an enormous amount of memory, doesn't slow down boot times, and it just works.

Bitdefender dropped the ball. Most customers having issues will not complain publicly, they will just uninstall and never look back. I am complaining so Bitdefender knows why at least one customer is through with them.

• kellycraven
    Options

I'm still waiting for BD to kick in and start working properly. It's working fine on the other two machines I have, but not on the one with Win10. (Web Protection, which is a main part of protection when surfing the web)

I hate to be harsh, but I'd like at least a bit of progress, or some acknowledgment that it is indeed still broken and is being worked on.

The silence is deafening.