Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Office 2013 On Win10 And Internet Security 2015

Hi,

on a Win 10 Education clean install I have installed BD Internet Security 2015 using the downloader from the site. Installation order:

- Win 10 (clean install)

- BD Internet Security 2015

- Office 2013

- Office 2013 SP1

Issue: Word 2013 does not save files, even after Office uninstall/reinstall

Description: when I open existing documents, Word saves the document for the first time, but on subsequent tries it just crashes (the file is not saved and the progress bar for saving the file stays at the beginning, while Word is not responding). The same problem is for existing documents and for new documents

Even if I disable the antivirus, the problem remains

Thank you,

Catalin

Comments

• Hi,

on a Win 10 Education clean install I have installed BD Internet Security 2015 using the downloader from the site. Installation order:

- Win 10 (clean install)

- BD Internet Security 2015

- Office 2013

- Office 2013 SP1

Issue: Word 2013 does not save files, even after Office uninstall/reinstall

Description: when I open existing documents, Word saves the document for the first time, but on subsequent tries it just crashes (the file is not saved and the progress bar for saving the file stays at the beginning, while Word is not responding). The same problem is for existing documents and for new documents

Even if I disable the antivirus, the problem remains

Thank you,

Catalin

Hi icm76,

Welcome on the forum!

WHen you say " a clean install of W10", you mean it's not an update?

The errors come from an update from W7... however, even if you did not do it, this document could be useful.

errors opening 2013 files

Regards,

L.

• Hi icm76,

Welcome on the forum!

The errors come from an update from W7... however, even if you did not do it, this document could be useful.

Regards,

L.

It is a clean install - from an ISO file, formatting the computer

the KB from just said to update, which I did + applied permissions using the following command: icacls "%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" /grant *S-1-15-2-1:(OI)(CI)RX

Still does not work. Any other solutions?

• I have uninstalled BD IS and I no longer have problems saving office files

• There is an ongoing issue is same machines with Win10 that the "My Documents" and "My Photos" and possibly other system USER folders have lost security as writable folders. In short, can't save files into them. This bug seems to be related to a OneDrive issue but maybe not. In any case, it may no be related to Bitdefender.

The fix that worked for me (below) does not work for everyone. There are other solutions "out there" that worked for some, but didn't work for me.

Try running the three commands below from the admin command line.

Substitute your own user folder name for Kelly.

cd C:\Users\Kelly

icacls Documents /inheritance:e

icacls Pictures /inheritance:e

• Hi icm76,

Welcome on the forum!

Regards,

L.

I have the same problem with Office 2007 (Word and Excel). See my post today (7Sep) with possible temporary fix.