Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Enable Parental Control

Options

I have BDTS 2016 installed on my daughter's Surface Pro 3 and her Android phone. I log into BD Central, then click Parental Advisor on the left, then her name on the right. Then I click Activities on the right, and click the "Monitor the activities done by your child online." control in an attempt to turn it on. And I cannot turn it on.

Then I click Interests, and try enabling "Interests Monitoring". This, I also cannot enable.

I click Friends, and also cannot enable "Monitor who interacts with your kid".

Why is this? This is driving me insane.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled BDTS 2016. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Parental Advisor app on the smartphone. I have logged into each application. YES, they ARE activated on each device!

YES, they ARE activated on each device!

I feel a refund coming on. Can anyone tell me how the ###### to turn this thing on? It worked during the trial! As soon as I paid, it stopped working.

Comments

• heterodox
    edited September 2015
    Options

I've already requested a refund. I cannot get through to Bitdefender "support,"* so I'm 99.9999999% sure I'll be getting my money back and NEVER looking this way again.

If Avangate plays the same "you don't exist unless you're holding a credit card in your hand" BS, well then I'll dispute the charge and that WILL end up with a refund in my account.

I'm so totally disgusted. The site STILL does not list Win10 as an option when submitting a support request. Nothing ever works right. What a joke.

* Chat always times out and leaves me with a useless "send email" option; emails take days and days to get a response from, and they're always useless responses anyway.

• Hello heterodox,

We are sorry for hearing about your experience and to see you go.

Your refund request is currently handled via Ticket ID 2015092612190001. You will receive an e-mail from the Bitdefender commercial team in 24-48 hours.

If you change your mind and choose to give our product another chance, please let us know and we will look into the matter.

• heterodox
    edited September 2015
    Options

Thanks for the reply. Let's please go easy on the info that gets posted here. No one else needs to know my ticket number or anything else.

As I've mentioned before, I'm sure you are understaffed and underappreciated. My frustration (which surely is understandable given that I've spent as much time messing with BDTS lately as I have doing anything else on my PC) is directed at BD management. I know this also accounts for the application issues. Programmers and QA staff are forced to rush a product out the door, and tech writers and support staff aren't given the time and info they need either. I know how it works. And it ######. <-- Wow. The filters are strong on this forum.

But I'm gone.

• Hello heterodox,

Rest assured that the ticket ID posted here does not contain any private information, as Bitdefender personnel only will have access to it.

The communication will continue via e-mail, therefore we will close this topic.

This discussion has been closed.