Fallout 4 Pip Boy App

edited November 2015 in Firewall

Hi folks,

I play Fallout 4, which has a handy iOS app to display in-game info on your tablet/phone. This works on your local network, not by syncing to external game servers or anything, but I can't get the two to talk to each other.

I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2015, and within the Firewall part of it I have added a rule to allow Fallout4.exe.

Other than that I can't work out what to do - any suggestions would be great! 99% of the help online is about how to set up Windows Firewall to make it all work.

For anyone who knows the game, I do have the in-game option selected to use the app. If it's relevant, my network adaptor in the Bitdefender Firewall settings is set to Home/Office, and the Rule I added for Fallout4.exe has Home/Office checked. My PC is wired ethernet and my devices running the app are all wifi - there are plenty of examples of people getting things working with the same hardware setup, they don't both have to be on wifi. As a test, I did run my PC on wifi to check, but had the same problem - no connection to the app.

Thanks a million. I'm not going to disable Bitdefender just to get a game working, but I would like to make sure I've tried everything else!

Comments

• Hiya,

I suggest you try searching the Bethsoft forums for topics such as this one. Sorry this answer is a little late but I have just set my S5 App and it worked fine.

Ro.

• Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.